Important question please help - k3 - ir1

Dootson A

Registered Users (C)
I was in the US last year back an forth on the ESTA (visa waiver) we got married in the US on the 1st May 2010 and I left the US this year on the 16th Feb this is after I had been back an forth maybe 3 times that year.

So i left the US so we could apply for my visa's legally, we applied for an 1-130 and I-129f and they were both approved about 10 days ago now, both myself an my wife and our laywer have recieved confirmation of the approvals an they are currently being transfered to the US consulate in London as far as I am aware but I am still yet to hear from them on what we need to do next.

I've heard rumours that K3 visa's are now being processed as IR1 visa which would grant me residency as I enter the US on this visa meaning I wouldnt have to Alter my status when I am there.... can you tell me if this is correct? also can you give me any time frame from when the time my approvals were sent to the time i can re enter on either my K3 or IR1

IR/CR visas are to bring your spouse to the US. That usually takes about 18 months if you apply in the US. That wait can be shortened by applying for the K3 visa [I-129F] AFTER applying for the spouse visa [I-130]. K3 visa can be applied for only by a USC hence my initial assumption. IR means immediate relative and if you have been married for less than 2 years when you apply, your spouse will be given a CR [conditional residence] visa. Both have some basic difference.

When you file IR1 you avoid the paper work and time to adjust status and file a separate I-130, as Cr(conditional Residence) is given along with IR

excuse my ignorance but i'm still confused as to what will happen with my case, we have been married about 18 months, we have recieved approvals for both the I-130 and the I129f, that is being sent to the US embassy in london for processing, so will it get processed as a K3 or IR1/CR1?

i'm so confused......