Important News - We Need Your Help !!!!

Mr. Bush

Registered Users (C)
Important News - We Need Your Help!!!

AILA has reported that the Senate Judiciary Committe is markedup a very important legislative bill on October 20, 2005, coming Thursday, to discuss the Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal that can give some relief to the current H-1B blackout and EB immigrant visa number retrogression.

According to the AILA, the proposal includes the following:

1. Recapture of 300,000 unused H-1B numbers
  2. Recpature of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
  3. Exempting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
  4. Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression.
AILA has been told repeatedly by Hill staff that it is vitally important that the people in business community and scientific and research organizations reach out tothe following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee as urgently as possible:

Please find attached retrogression Letter.

Arlen Specter (R-PA) Chairman
Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Ranking
Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Charles Grassley (R-IA)
Joseph Biden (D-DE)
Mike DeWine (R-OH)
Herbert Kohl (D-WI)
Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
Russ Feingold (D-WI)
John Cornyn (R-TX)
Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Sam Brownback (R-KS)
Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)

Please send the letters to these members as quickly as possible: It is "extremely" important that everyone participates in this last minute campaign.

Again...thsi does not have the request to remove the restriction of "same of similar job description and job title" for AC21....which ahs more chance of getting approved.

Santosh

This is my version, and I suggest removal of AC21 rules. Important !

My Name and Address

Re.: Help to resolve retrogression on Employment Based immigrant visa categories

Dear Senator Name,

For many years, people from all over the world pursued the American dream with intense purpose and made America the most productive nation in the world. I have been working for six years as a engineer employed at a successful high-tech organization in Seattle, WA.

I write to you as one of the many law abiding and highly qualified skilled professional workers contributing to the American economy and bringing family values to this great nation. Our concerns regarding employment-based immigration have multiplied overnight due to the the lack of visa numbers for the Employment Based applicants, as outlined on the October 2005 Visa Bulletin published by the US Department of State.

According to the October 2005 Visa Bulletin, the Visa Cutoff Dates are such that we would have to wait for another 6 to 8 years after having waited patiently for 3 years just to complete our labor certifications, what is the first phase of the greencard process. The validity of our H1B visas is 6 years and beyond that we have to depend on expensive yearly visa extensions, besides having severe restrictions such as career stagnation, we can’t visit our home country and often our spouses are not authorized to work. Serious family dissatisfactions occur due to this long greencard application process. Our plight in this condition is beyond imagination and now due to this visa retrogression, it seems endless.

The situation does not seem to have any end in sight if there are no immigration policy changes. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has done and is doing some commendable work in backlog reduction and PERM processing to expedite labor certifications, but this is meaningless if there are no employment based visa numbers available to successfully complete the immigration process.

There are many possible solutions to the problems we face today, such as, (1) Recapturing all the unused Visas for the past 10 years. (2) Increasing yearly quota of employment based immigrant visas (3) Removal of AC21 portability rule restrictions to allow us to accept any type of job title or position upon I-140 approval (5) Counting Immigrant visa per primary applicant only, rather than counting for everyone in family (6) Making the immigration process independent of employer. Some of these measures are already mentioned in pending “Immigration Reform Bill”.

USA is called the “land of opportunity”. On behalf of all the legal and skilled professionals from around the world, I request that we be given the well-deserved opportunity to file our immigration status in a timely manner by resolving the employment based visa retrogression. I request you to please do whatever is there in your powers to ease out our immigration problems which have caused a great deal of pain and depression to our whole community.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Marlon Brown
News Coverage: http://news.ft.com/cms/s/de3043c0-3...000e2511c8.html(Financial Times)
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.asp?Feed=FT&Date=20051013&ID=5186538 (MSN)

santosh_30 said:
Again...thsi does not have the request to remove the restriction of "same of similar job description and job title" for AC21....which ahs more chance of getting approved.

Santosh

Looks good

Guys,

This is good news. The above sample letter looks good. Please email, fax or call in the next few days. It can make a lot of difference !!! Every voice counts !

Last chance...lets all push it hard...come on guys!!

Such chance (immigration relief provisions - Budget reconciliation) does not come everyday! So please...please...everyone call senate judiciary committee members (and post their conversation here to encourage others). Also send them email/letter/fax.

Tell them that you are highly educated, skilled professional; tax-paying, law-abiding legal immigrants seeking help to resolve EB visa retrogression. Also mention them related section of "Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal" on Oct 20 & "immigration reform bill" on Oct 18.

Minor typo in the paragraph below. Replace (5) and (6) by (4) and (5)...

There are many possible solutions to the problems we face today, such as, (1) Recapturing all the unused Visas for the past 10 years. (2) Increasing yearly quota of employment based immigrant visas (3) Removal of AC21 portability rule restrictions to allow us to accept any type of job title or position upon I-140 approval (5) Counting Immigrant visa per primary applicant only, rather than counting for everyone in family (6) Making the immigration process independent of employer. Some of these measures are already mentioned in pending “Immigration Reform Bill”.

Lets face it!!

All this nonsense of doing this and that, What do we think, this is immigration reform in efffect. Do U think America can hold everybody, What about those in family based who have to wait years without any complaint. Everyday we come talking rubbish about EB3!!EB3!!!EB3**. Give me a break, Some of us must get married and go to K visa category, alot of single American ladies r out there, we must plan our life properly., BIG DEAL, CONGRESS LET THE EB3 CATEGORY STAYS AS IT IS. JUST LET WHO IS HERE RENEW THEIR VISA, AND LET WHO HAS TO WAIT TO GET IN, WAIT. COMPANIES IS MOVING TO CHINA AND INDIA EVERYDAY, THE JOBS R COMING TO US. LETS STAY AT HOME AND BUILD OUR COUNTRY, CURSE ALL U WANT. BUT THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS BE THE TRUTH!

PEACE

Friends,

This is our good chance. Lets give a push

Also if you call, call the Washington office as they hold the policy making decision power. I learnt this by calling the Senator office in Atlanta.

TO CONGRESS

ALRIGHT, THIS IS THE WAY OUT

ALL EB1, EB2, EB3...etc..................November Visa Bulletin.......CURRENT

LET'S PROCESS EVERYBODY AT ONCE

NEW PROCESING FEES BY NVC........ EB1...$25,000...EB2....$22,000...EB3....$20,000 PER APPLICANT. SPOUSES ADD $12,000....EACH CHILD ADD $8,000

WE WILL MAKE ALOT OF MONEY....BILLIONS...WE WILL SURELY BALANCE THE BUBJET,,, BUT WE R NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR FINDING ANY JOBS!

well that is better than having to pay the fraud companies just to stabilise work and life. It atleast goes to government for welfare.
Please value the call made here by Mr. Bush guys, and reach out to help the fellow immigrants, who are suffering day in day out

sawart

what the hell you are posting man...you dont have any work i guess. sick man..

India/China is getting jobs, being people over hear are working hard to push few jobs to their home countries .and at the same time helping US companies to be competitive and US consumer get the goods for less...

stop sending stupid information...

At Leat Email The Senators !!!

PLEASE AT LEAST EMAIL THE SENATORS LOOKING AT THE IMMIGRATION RELIEF PROVISION ATTACHED TO THE BUDGET BILL

Edward Kennedy
kennedy.senate.gov/contact.html
senator@kennedy.senate.gov

Jon Kyl
kyl.senate.gov/contact.cfm
info@kyl.senate.gov

John Cornyn
cornyn.senate.gov/contact/index.html

Sam Brownback
brownback.senate.gov/CMEmailMe.cfm
brownback@brownback.senate.gov

Arlen Specter
specter.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactInfo.Home
senator_specter@specter.senate.gov

Orrin Hatch
hatch.senate.gov/index.cfm?Fuseaction=Offices.Contact
senator_hatch@hatch.senate.gov

Patrick Leahy
senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov

Chuck Grassley
grassley.senate.gov/webform.htm
chuck_grassley@grassley.senate.gov

Joseph Biden
senator@biden.senate.gov

Mike DeWine
dewine.senate.gov
senator_dewine@dewine.senate.gov

Herb Kohl
kohl.senate.gov/gen_contact.html
senator_kohl@kohl.senate.gov

Jeff Sessions
sessions.senate.gov/email/contact.cfm
senator@sessions.senate.gov

Dianne Feinstein
feinstein.senate.gov/email.html
senator@feinstein.senate.gov

Lindsey Graham
lgraham.senate.gov/index.cfm?mode=contact
Senator_LGraham@lgraham.senate.gov

Russell Feingold
russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov

Charles Schumer
schumer.senate.gov/SchumerWebsite/contact/webform.cfm
senator@schumer.senate.gov

Richard Durbin
durbin.senate.gov/contact.cfm
dick@durbin.senate.gov

Tom Coburn
coburn.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Home

Please send the mails

They are Listenning

I just spoke to Immigration Person of Cornyn's office. He listened everything I had to say. He mentioned that John is in support of both the bills- his own and Kennedy.

He also mentioned that they need majority to pass these bills and encouraged to contact other senators and congressmans....

Guys, time is running out. Please do your part. Looks like that we can win this battle.

Thanks for eveyone's support.

Just sent them an email. Let us see

I have just sent them an email to all these senate guys and added some additional comments also. Let us hope for the best.

Thanks

mass mail, will take 5 minuntes only

instructions:
copy and paste all the below email addresses into To or BCC.
copy and paste subject

find and replace yourname by firstName LastName
Address by your Address, you can format adress to break it into different lines if you want

-------------------------

Email Addresses: dick@durbin.senate.gov, senator@schumer.senate.gov, russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov, senator@kennedy.senate.gov, info@kyl.senate.gov, brownback@brownback.senate.gov , senator_specter@specter.senate.gov , senator_hatch@hatch.senate.gov , senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov, chuck_grassley@grassley.senate.gov, senator@biden.senate.gov

Subject: highly educated, skilled professional; tax-paying, law-abiding legal immigrants seeking help to resolve EB visa retrogression

-----------------------message-------------

YourName
Address

Re.: Help to resolve retrogression on Employment Based immigrant visa categories

Dear Senator,

For many years, people from all over the world pursued the American dream with intense purpose and made America the most productive nation in the world. I have been working for five years as a engineer employed at a successful Medical Laboratory in Birmingham, AL.

I write to you as one of the many law abiding and highly qualified skilled professional workers contributing to the American economy and bringing family values to this great nation. Our concerns regarding employment-based immigration have multiplied overnight due to the the lack of visa numbers for the Employment Based applicants, as outlined on the October 2005 Visa Bulletin published by the US Department of State.

According to the October 2005 Visa Bulletin, the Visa Cutoff Dates are such that we would have to wait for another 6 to 8 years after having waited patiently for 3 years just to complete our labor certifications, what is the first phase of the greencard process. The validity of our H1B visas is 6 years and beyond that we have to depend on expensive yearly visa extensions, besides having severe restrictions such as career stagnation, we can’t visit our home country and often our spouses are not authorized to work. Serious family dissatisfactions occur due to this long greencard application process. Our plight in this condition is beyond imagination and now due to this visa retrogression, it seems endless.

The situation does not seem to have any end in sight if there are no immigration policy changes. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has done and is doing some commendable work in backlog reduction and PERM processing to expedite labor certifications, but this is meaningless if there are no employment based visa numbers available to successfully complete the immigration process.

There are many possible solutions to the problems we face today, such as,
(1) Recapturing all the unused Visas for the past 10 years.
(2) Increasing yearly quota of employment based immigrant visas
(3) Removal of AC21 portability rule restrictions to allow us to accept any type of job title or position upon I-140 approval
(5) Counting Immigrant visa per primary applicant only, rather than counting for everyone in family
(6) Making the immigration process independent of employer. Some of these measures are already mentioned in pending “Immigration Reform Bill”.

USA is called the “land of opportunity”. On behalf of all the legal and skilled professionals from around the world, I request that we be given the well-deserved opportunity to file our immigration status in a timely manner by resolving the employment based visa retrogression. I request you to please do whatever is there in your powers to ease out our immigration problems which have caused a great deal of pain and depression to our whole community.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
YourName
Address

News Coverage: http://news.ft.com/cms/s/de3043c0-3...000e2511c8.html(Financial Times)
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pr...1013&ID=5186538 (MSN)

emails can not be reached.

I have sent them an email., but all of these email ids can not be reached. Got undeliveriable system administrator message. Are these correct? If any body has good email ids and have made the mails success, can give me that list.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: