Important IEAD question - Please reply

gc_lotto

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have my I-485 pending in VSC since Feb-2002.

I applied for my 3rd EAD on-line couple of weeks back and was kinda surprised when it gave a receipt number starting with MSC (for Missouri).

I did finger printing at a local ASC the following week. MSC debited my checking account for the EAD fees and mailed me a receipt, too.

Now, my question is -

Am I wrong in presuming that on-line EAD for Vermont Service Center, is done in Missouri Service Center. In which case, I want raise alarm and starting fixing things up before my current EAD expires in couple of months.

Is this Normal. Please share your experiences with on-line EAD filing.

Your input is highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_lotto,
Your post is confusing. IEAD normally refers to Interim EAD which is normally obtained from local service center after 90 days of applying the EAD at Regional Center.

Online EAD's are being handled by MSC now. so there is nothing to worry...

goodluck...

Thanks, SWaiting. I fixed my original post.

Anybody else, who have applied on-line for EAD and had similar experience?

That is true. You see case number starts with MSCxxxxxxxxx on the confimation page.
You get the receipt letter from Missouri in the mail.
All the EADs applied online, goto Missouri center. From there, I believe, they would either transfer or work with where your case is pending.

I applied online on Sept 18 and got approved on Dec 27, roughly 3 months. I got EAD card from Missouri.

You don't need to worry. Process is same for online EADs.
If you don't get EAD in 90 days, if you really need EAD, you can go to local INS to get IEAD. Hope this helps.