Important employment-based I-485 statistics

are you kidding me USCIS? only 74 for EB1 and 510 for EB2? then by come Feb 2010 all EB1 and EB2 should be clear...if PD for Eb1 and EB2 comes to 09

This is good statistics... but not clear enough.

These numbers are of all applications received that are pending.... It doesn't tell how many are ready to be approved, and how many will take more months to be processed. And, when those are ready to be approved, visa numbers will be available or not..?!

All of the pending applications that have priority date before the October 2009 bulletin, will they get green card? Or some of these are not ready?!

How many are pre-approved for visa?

My priority date is 9/6/2002. The last update was 8/4/2009 after RFE. Does this mean, the case is pre-approved and when visa number is available GC will be issued?

Based on these reports, Current date for EB3 rest of the world should be much later than June 1, 2002. As you can see, number of applications pending prior to June 1, 2002 is lot less than 24000 (34000 - 28% ) which is per year limit for rest of the worl EB3... Is my math correct?

how did they come with these numbers?

how did they come with these numbers? Based on coutry of birth??

For instance, my wife was born in Sri Lanka (not retrogressed). I applied for GC as dependent and my case (EB3-India, PD 09/2002) got approved 2.5 years back. They should have approved my wife's case before mine but it's still pending.

For instance, my wife was born in Sri Lanka (not retrogressed). I applied for GC as dependent and my case (EB3-India, PD 09/2002) got approved 2.5 years back. They should have approved my wife's case before mine but it's still pending.
There must be other issues like name check that were delaying your wife's case and other cases with current PDs (like EB1). Or just plain old USCIS laziness and disorganization.

Question ?

Are they counting primary applications or total applications ? If they are counting only primary applications then I am doomed again :(

I don't think USCIS changed rule for spillover visa. Of course, they lost significant visa before 2006. Due to tremendous congressional pressure in 2007, they started effectively applying spillover to use most of the visa. In 2007, there won't be enough approvable cases in EB2 India, China, and ROW so spillover transferred to EB3. In 2008, they have lot of cases for EB2 as policy changed for Name check, USCIS started pre-adjudicating cases in advance. As a result all spillover visa used by EB2 and not transferred to the EB3. Same thing happened in 2009. Law is very much clear for spillover and USCIS can not change it.

Lately they are doing spill overs otherwise how would you think that lot of EB2 cases are getting approved...I think they started doing it again from 2008 after stopping it from 2004 and wasting lot of Visas. Earlier they used to do spill over for high demanding categories like EB3 horizontally... but they changed the rules in the middle of the game... USCIS is known very well for those kind of tactics.

Thanks for posting this Jackolantern! It is interesting, regardless of if it actually helps in predicting approval times.

I think the 2007 fiasco scared off USCIS and now they would rather err on the side of caution and give out fewer GCs than the total "allowed", rather than have an avalanche of eligible applications stream in. How else do they justify an EB3 India cutoff date of 15 April 2001 based on their own statistics?

Of course, its probably the DOS setting these dates.