Important: ***Confirmed*** - September Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

is it $ 65 or $ 75

1.Previously it used to be a total of 325 (260+65), but i think recently they raised the total to 335, so shouldnt we have to pay $ 75 per person? anybody emailed chennai about this?

2. is lister labs open on Sunday to get labs done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is sailing permit a must ....

Friends,
Is the sailing permit a must have document ? What if we don't have one ?

thanks
nara

Re: Is sailing permit a must ....

Nara,

It's not a must, but it's better to be safe than sorry in case they ask. I haven't seen in any of the topics where in interview they have asked for it. I don't think it's major concern if u don't have.

RKReddy

Originally posted by nara
Friends,
Is the sailing permit a must have document ? What if we don't have one ?

thanks
nara

Re: is it $ 65 or $ 75

Sanjna,

I paid $670 ($335 each) for me and my wife in Feb 02 after my I-140 got approved, so u have to pay $75 for sure and not $65.

RKReddy

Originally posted by sanjna
1.Previously it used to be a total of 325 (260+65), but i think recently they raised the total to 335, so shouldnt we have to pay $ 75 per person? anybody emailed chennai about this?

2. is lister labs open on Sunday to get labs done?

nara sailing permit

sailing permit is not required for the cp interview, but may be asked at your port of exit when you leave the usa. i have not heard anybody who was asked this.

amout to pay

in the P4 I received, they have cancelled the 325 and made it a 335. so I guess we are all in for $75. could also carry $65 drafts I guess..

Lister is not open on Sundays as far as I know.

CP Help!!

Hi Friends,

Can anyone brief me about the procedure and your experiences with CP? I filed my I-140 on July 15 and is going for CP thereafter. I would like to know in detail about the procedure and time frame (right from I-140 approval) if possible.

Also, would be a great help if someone could let me know about the documents that I need to arrange before I get my I-140 approval.

Thanks,

Ramsi_2000

ramsi_2000

see cptracker.com for timeframe and click on iterview experiences which are posted there

Do I need now appointment letter

I took notarized appointment letter from my company on Aug 6th 2002, is it ok or should I take a new letter from my company.

Re: Do I need now appointment letter

navraj,

it's safe to get something within a month of your appt. You mean the employment letter right?

do u stay in madras till u receive packet?

out of towners, is everybody planning to stay in madras till blue dart package is received or collect it at home address?

I sent an email to chennai consulate regarding the visa fee.
they replied that it is $65 only person . I already paid 520 at nvc
for me and my wife. For safety I am taking this email printout.

We are planning to stay at the hotel until the blue dart packet
is delivered. I think they deliver to the hotel addresses also.
You have to show the receipt for the delivery.

I have a question. Where it is mentioned that we have to
take DD (Rs. 250 + n* Rs. 50, where n is the number of people)
for blue dart?. Is it in the packet 4?

Going to India on 7th.

:I have a question. Where it is mentioned that we have to
take DD (Rs. 250 + n* Rs. 50, where n is the number of people)
for blue dart?. Is it in the packet 4?

It's in P4.

have a good trip!

employment letter Q

hi all,

since my original employment letter was nto recent enough, I took another one. However, thanks to an office move and all, I got a letter on the same letter head. but with a different office address.

I have the origninal address on the bottom in the previous one. It's all the same Co, and my petition is based on the head office anyway. WHat do you guys think? will it cause any issues?

I am taking a separate letter to show mergers and office location changes, to give is asked for.

can wife travel after me?

i had mentioned traveling with me in packet three, i saw previous postings that wife can travel back later, but now on another thread they are saying that wife has to be with you

thanks manish

Hi,
I paid 670(for me and for my wife) at St Louis.
I wrote mail to consulate and i got reply that i
have to pay 65 each on interview day.

thanks
gcvege

Re: can wife travel after me?

Originally posted by sanjna
i had mentioned traveling with me in packet three, i saw previous postings that wife can travel back later, but now on another thread they are saying that wife has to be with you

You have to request consulate for change of your travel plan in advance so that they will make two different sealed envelopes for you & your wife.

So just shoot an email in advance & when you get the reply take it's copy for interview.