Important Bulletin - Today 02/13/04

...looks jig jag - help me assur.

I am sure about only one thing - you are not talking about header and footer on the page. Or did I miss something? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jharkhandi
...looks jig jag - help me assur.

I am sure about only one thing - you are not talking about header and footer on the page. Or did I miss something? :eek:
Lets think
A true example.
An employer files LC for "A - sw engr." in faster state
Same employer files LC for "B -sw engr." in slower state
"A" gets GC faster than "B" (gap of 2 yr)
Imagine it. There should be some check and balance to otherwise employee suffers while employer does not care.

So? US is a FEDERAL country. Meaning each state possesses certain degree of "independance". In the (blessed) state of California, for example, u ain't allowed to smoke cigs anywhere indoors. So, couple month ago I almost lost my jacket in one of SF bars due to this stupid rule. In other states, TX for example, you could carry a gun around, even though it is fictiosly illigal, nobody would care too much. So, then, why are you suprised and expect things to be fair over all states? When going for work sposored GC, first u have to ask state, whether they consider your skills unique in that state (notion of "site of work" rings any bells?), hence, some states are slow, some faster. It's a package deal.

Although, I tend to agree there gotta be some kinda reasonable borderline there. I mean, 2-3 year lag between approval times it simply ridiculous.

then think about NY hexamon
we were waiting for almost 2 years , 9 months still no info..

Hexamon,

Can't you smoke in your apartment/balcony/patio in CA?

Assur,

I got it now - that is why it is called bullet in!!! Thanks two tons.(one for showing me the link and second for explaining it to me.)

:cool:

Hexamon, Zamq
You got it. DOL is a federal institution excercises in regions.
The other part rests with employer who he likes processes from faster states. It is a Inequality or injustice issue which finally came into the notice of DOL.
Backlogs are of those guys who got faster LCs, but what about guys who stuck in the initial process.

Hexamon,

Assur,

I got it now - that is why it is called bullet in!!! Thanks two tons.(one for showing me the link and second for explaining it to me.)

You are welcom.

Hexamon,

Depends what u'r smokin :D

==

Point is that process of applying for a certain "site of work" is specific to that site. From the standpoint of this phylosophy each state (in fact, each region within a state) has a kind of "local" market. One could argue against this, sain', the reality is people will tend to move to another state, if job conditions dictate so (especially in occupations, like IT). It seems, DOL is trying to address the issue with PERM. If I'm not mistaken, one of the "improvements" is to eliminate SWA-s from LC approval chain.

Depends what u'r smokin

Interesting question. I was just asking about cigg.

I know that if I smoked pot - I will be offered a good position in DOL.

I know that if I smoked pot - I will be offered a good position in DOL.
[/B]

:D Good one! That would be minimum requirement, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: