Important!! ALL Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan guys waiting for I-485 approval due to I-140 CP approval!!!!

RD 10 Jan 01, ND 17 Jan 01, PD 10/99 I-140 approved for CP

FP 05/17/01 , NVC AVM says packet 3 generated and sent to "attorney at record". Awaiting...

PD:12/99; RD:12/22/00;ND:01/03/01;FP:05/12/01 Waiting for approval.

Talked to IIO and IIO said if the file is not complete. Talked to NVC and got the case number. The notice has been sent to Delhi in Oct 2000.

FEB 2000 PENDING, PROBLEM WITH I140, IMMIGRANT VISA FROM HOME COUNTRY

Spoke to NVC, they told it has been sent to chennai, contacted them, they confirmed that 140 is with them and they will forward only if ins ask for it, INS told that they are waiting for them to send. I am missing a major missing link here.

Kini!

Sorry to hear this.I believe you should contact your attorney and ask him to talk to INS officials to handle this case.It is possible that INS must not have sent any request yet.

I would suggest you to talk to attorney and draft a letter to INS officials for this much delay in I-485 processing.

Looking at your case I feel more worried for all CP approval cases.

I triet but they dont give a damn

I tried but they dont give a damn and most of them are left the company , so I dont have any other option other than to wait. Sought senators office help, they have requested for an update from INS, it has been 4 weeks now, no luck yet. They might be totally busy or they just ignore it, anyway I am the person who has been caught, it really drives me crazy if I see 01 approvals, lucky ones though.

ND 1/5/01, EAC-01-073-xxxxx

I-140 was approved for CP. But when contacted INS on couple of occassion was told that my file was complete. I hope it is.

Mine too....

PD : 12/00 RD: 02/2001 ND : 02/2001
Lawyer didnot received my original I-140 approval. So he applied to get duplicate via I-824. It was approved for CP. NVC had send a letter to verify the address and who should receive the packet 3. My lawyer advised that dont respond for it. We filed I-485 in Feb 2001. Did the FP also. AVM case not found.
NVC avm : we have been informed that you are going to do AOS. so we are keeping the file at NVC until INS ask us to send them.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

No Title

Guys, how do you find out whether the I-140 was approved for CP or not and where it is now? Rapidigm doesn\'t provide I-140 notices or any info about this to the employees.

Hi Best...

Rapidigm will give the copies of all documents they have filed for I-485. It should have copy of I-140 also.

You get a packet from NVC

if your 140 is approved for CP. This is packet 3 (I think). That\'s how I knew my case was CP\'d. The letter said \'...case TRANSFERRED...\' like it was already done. At that time my PD was not current.

Thanks Superstar.

I didn\'t know that they\'ll give I-140 copy. They just gave me the I-485 receipt notice. I will ask for the I-140 copy today.

I am gonna sail the same boat that U r on right now,

Hi Guys,

Sad to know that 140 cp approval is going to create a snag in 485 approval.
Mine is also the same case, but I just filed my 485 after getting my 140 approved for CP. Now the NVC says the file has been sent to Chennai on Oct 15th. And they say that I don\'t need to do any thing except to wait.
My lawyer(a very kind and cooperative one) says I don\'t have to do any thing. I checked with him about 824. But he says that it\'s not needed.

Please give me some guidance in this situation. What should I do for smooth sailing ?

Good Luck for your 485

TIA (Thanks in Advance)
BP

No Title

BP right now people are talking about PD retrogession in Jan/Feb since CP moves faster than 485 you stand a better chance at getting approved faster ....

No Title

Best,

form 824 is to change your option from CP to AOS and vice versa once U have an approved 140.

Toman, I already filed my 485. In the wake of Sep 11 attacks, I thought there may be unforeseen last minute surprises with the embassy. Mine is EB2. How much will it retrogress ?

Other gurus, any guidance for me for my original(above mentioned) problem

824 is the form to take action on any approvals...

Suppose, INS approved your H1 or I-140 but you have received for more than 3 months, then you can apply I-824 to get the duplicate approval of the petition. In there is a option to change to CP as well for I-140.
You can download one page I-824 form and read the regulations from ins.gov site...

NVC clears the doubts...

I am in the United States and would like to adjust status. How do I do that?

If you live in the U.S. you may be eligible for adjustment of status as a permanent resident. When your case becomes current, NVC will send you a letter telling you that you may be eligible for adjustment of status and asking that you tell us if you will adjust or apply at a U.S. consular section abroad. If you write back to us that you will adjust status, we will note it on your case record and retain the file until an INS office requests it to process your adjustment application. If NVC does not get a reply to our letter after 30 days, we will send you a Packet 3 and send your case file to a consular office abroad for processing.

NVC is not involved in adjustment of status. You should contact the INS office nearest you for information, forms, and adjustment of status updates.