Important about Rapidigm

rapicheck

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I got an Offer with Rapidigm for 70 K. I am in bit confusion whether I can accept the offer or not? Is there any senior RAPIDIGMER can advice? Is it worth Joining them ? They promised me that they will process GC. Is it correct?

Plz advice.

They are good

I've been working for Rapidigm for the last three years. They are very in doing GC.
Regarding other issues some people here had troubles with them. Just search this forum with keyword 'Rapidigm' you get lot of discussion and opinions.

Yes, rapidigm will process your GC without any problems. But the problem is they are not very good in finding project for you. To save your job with them, you have to find project and inform them.

If you are working for a good company right now, stay away from Rapidigm. They are nothing but scum. Here are some of the cons:
1. They don't find projects.
2. If you are on bench in December, they won't pay for 2 or 3 weeks and force you to take vacation. This is the case even if you got a project, but it starts a month later.
3. Have to haggle with them when you have to go to a different city due to a new project. In the whole process of moving, you'll get screwed moneywise(not paying lease break money, not paying moving expenses, not paying relocation etc)

Rapidigm is good

If your aim is to get GC Rapidigm offers the best immigration legal guys and the shortest time to get labor. Otherwise you are better off with any permanent job. The pitfalls with Rapidigm are same as any consulting company in this environment.

Your pay

What is it that you got your offer for? Dont they do SAP installations? If yes, your salary might be low. I have known people who got >80k with no experience in SAP.

Now I didnt see the payslips but I think it was true. Maybe the other Rapidigmers on this board can tell you if you are getting ripped off!

Looking at reviews of RapidIgm, I am feeling as if i missed the butcher's cut. I got the RapidIgm offer way back in 2000. some how the market went down and i did not take the offer fearing of my GC. I am working for a small desi employer and he is processing my GC. It's in the final stage now(RD 01/30/2001). Even though my employer won't pay good, he wont cancel my H1. Overall Iam happy with this guy.

Hello rapicheck,
I worked with Rapidigm for long time (3+ years). I was laid off soon my project was over. Ther are number of explanations by recruiter why I was laid off. Ofcourse my I-485 was filed 144 days before I was laid off. Any way I am feeling real good now and I am better off without Rapidigm.

You should check now some facts before what you signing up for.
- Rapidigm was a good company in the old economy days. But not any more. They file GC for you. They changed policy to file labor applications once in 2-3 months.
- Once they file your GC, you are pretty much trapped. You do not leave them and they know that for sure. So no salary raises and you may have fight for that. Some times you will hear "YOU CAN LEAVE IF YOU WANT".
- Relocation was a big mess. There are no written rules. So whatever comes to thier lips, that will be the rule. You may have to move even if your project is 1-2 months. In that process forget about lease breakage/other charges. They know your job is important for you. So should make decision about money/job in such instances. Once I was old that I should not live in such a good apartment because the lease charges were in few thousands.
- Recruiters may promise the next Senate seat for you. Bottom line is if any thing not written, those promises are by default tend to be false. You are lucky if those are met.
- You need some real JOCKEYs to save your job. Usually recuiters hide their own friends/relatives from lay offs. Or else you should know some body in higher ups to save your skin always.
- This is another typical DESI shop. But lot better than many desi shops in US. So your dealings are with desi guys and they press you for any shit load. My suggestion is do not talk about your personal matters. They take advantage on that too.
- They are shrinking in business wise. They are not getting much projects unlike in the past. At the time I was laid off, I was told that Rapidigm do not maintain Inventory. So if you are between projects, you may expect your employment termination letter in your mail box.
- If you are in SAP/Oracle lines, your salary offer was below the most of the current jerks.

I would suggest you to check some previous employees before you make your decision. You got to be careful who you are talking to find out this. I know some loyal employees (with fake degrees). Given their skill level and qualifications, they are very better off with Rapidigm. They have no life without Rapidigm. They do lot of lip/lick service. Also there some cowards who cannot talk against the reality. So make you are not talking to some those cowards/dumb asX jerks.

At the end, I do not mean to give you bad sense about this. You better verify the facts before you regret.
I wish you Good luck.

:cool:

Rapicheck, with PS and 3 yrs! Rapidigm is not a bad company to join, if you are offered a job on project basis(ie. they want you, because they have a position for you)! if not, they will keep you on bench and like other companies, these guys too wouldnt be paying you anything until your first project.
And also, in PS they are fast laying off ppl, if you are highly paid and on bench for long! because they know, they can find people with less pay very easily. Think twice and dont blame anyone for your decision. And as you say, you have 3 yrs with PS. you know how to bargain. Wish you all the best.

I never worked with this company.

But If I were you , if they promise to do in GC , based on the duration of the project , if it is longer term . Then i will join imdtly.

I will also see the current economy. It is really very slow, so utlize the opportunity. Then u can think later.

Good luck

Rapidigm - A sinking Boat
- Projectless
- Bureaucratic Management
- Recruiters the BOSS ( Dadagiri )

This is how I define this company.

Chitragupta is 101% right.

One of my friend got job, got stamped and waited for project for three months, finally got nothing and joined different company.

Another one laid off after filing I-140 becuase they cant find projects for him. One marketer asked him to look at local papers daily and inform him if something comes up for him.

His recruiter asked him to take leave loss of pay, Ever day he used to call me and narrate the treats. He was mentally tortured and family suffered a lot.

Another friend has a new baby born and rolled off from the project and finally laid off.

I heard that they treat Desi like slaves and know their weakness and tries to exploit.

God bless Us

Beware of RapidIGM

Don't join raped-IGM if you have a choice. In case you join do not tell them your family status as they take advantage of it at an appropriate time.
They treat consultants like slaves.Rapidigm is not a real professionally run american company. The management has ulterior motives in bringing desis as recruiters. When America has lot of unemployed talented, good english speaking people who can fit easily as recruiters in RapidIGM why are desis brought from India for doing the recruiting job? America needs only technical people and not goondas.

To the best of my knowledge none of the desis are in ranks above recruiters in RapidIGM? What does this mean? Figure it out for yourselves!!!!

Only your salary comes on time. Their insurance is good but they goof on that also by covering only a part of your family. They promise on relocation but do not honour their words and take umbrage by citing a company policy that does not exist.

One loses most of their time arguing with recruiters on all matters related to working with rapidigm. For consultants it is a waste of time but for recruiters it is a overtime/reward.

If there is no other go but RapidIGM, better go to India and enjoy your freedom.

gc-kodu is partially correct about the recuiters in Rapidigm. Though Rapidigm is an American company, but all recuiters (except 1/2) are desi guys. Let me tell you a fact about these recuiters. They came to US like you, me & everybody else on this forum. Unfortunately thier American dream hit a brick wall due to their low level technical skills & screwedup employers. So they were on bench for long time and most of them never been to a project. After prolonged bench (some of them are 1+ years), thier skills are outdated and changed career into recruiting. What a wonderful life they have now.

In addition to the above, the top management care about only 2 things: money, money. Nothing else. So also knew that by bringing desi recruiters they can tap lot of desi consultants via GC offers. One shot two birds: Cheap, long-benched screwed up desi guys as recuiters for less salary + desi consultants who can go into slavary for 2-3 years via GC.

Any way some desi folks are in director positions too. One of them was sent to a project in his initial days of employment. He was fired in 3rd week for lying about his skills. Since then he never been to any project and believe he is director now.

Hello rapicheck, just think about such a guy sending you orders about your employment policies. Good luck.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for all your Comments. So I went and search in the forum for the Word 'RAPIDIGM' and I found lot of pros and cons. But at the same time,In this week I got an offer from MASTECH EMPLIFI(IGATE) and HEXAWARE. I don't know which one I have to select. They are offering the same 70K and they promised me that they will do GC after 6 months time.
Is it OK, What about these two companies, If we don't have Project whether they will terminate next day or they will keep?Can you please advice?
I think they are Peoplesoft Partners.

I am really confused. Pl advice.

:confused:

I am surprised as to how you ended up getting the same offer from Mastech and Hexaware.
If I were you, I would go with Mastech as they are not like RapidGM. i do not know much about Hexaware.
Remember, This is America and no one is running a dharmasala to keep you as you wish. Money is the prime-mover everywhere. As long as you are in a project you are an asset. You become a liability once you hit the bench. It all depends how fast you are able you get the next project. Find out where you would be placed, the company that you are going to work with, their financial position etc...
That should help you..
DONT COUNT ON RECRUITERS WORDS. They are quacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with Rapidigm since Sep 1998. I got my GC thru them. I never had any problem with them. I am also working on PS Tech (5.5 years exp) and I draw six digit salary. Of course when I joined market was very Good and rapidigm were best pay masters in the market. So far every year I was able to get increments (including in 2003 !). May be because in 4 yrs I was on bench only for total 3 weeks.

I did relocate twice . They paid every penny fully including lease breakage. Greencard process was smooth affair. Igot RFE for both i-140 and i-485 but their inhouse immigration department is excellent. We had chat rooms to chat with Rapidigm Immigartion lawyers and rapidigm had Immi discussion boards (which is discontinued now).

Now situation is changed. If I come out to this project I am sure I will be booted out because people are ready to work for 70K. I cannot expect Good treatment right? When market is down everybody exploits you.

Plus points in my case
(i) Good salary
(ii) No hassle relocation. Once I could not move my family immidietly. SO they gave me furnished accomodation and car for one whole month in my new project.
(iii) Good immigration department.
(iv) If you are in Peoplesoft Rapidigm is Consulting Alliance Partner of Peoplesoft and you are eligible to write PS Certification test which has Good market value.

Minus points :
(i) From start to end you will be dealing with only one person. They guy who recruited you. Usually this will be a desi guy. Everything is determined by the relationship you have with him. he may offer 90k for his friends and whoever is in Good terms with him and offer 70K for another person for the same skill.

When annual salary review comes these guys wont even answer your calls. Most recruiters (or technical managers as they are called) dont pick up phones. All rapidigm calls go thru Operator (nobody has direct number) and operator asks to specifically who are you and what you want.

(ii) They are very ruthless regarding GC. If you have completed 170 days afetr you field your GC and you are laid off. They dont care. They just withdraw your i-140. So you have to start your GC process again. No leniency. Nobody will even pick your phones and listen to you.

I had very good experience with Rapidigm. But some of my friends were not lucky. They were sent termination letters on the last day of project !! When times were good they had kept one newly arrived SAP consultant in Holiday Inn hotel, in Edison, NJ for 6 months (alle xpenses paid).

BTW last week one guy was offered 90K in Peoplesoft. What they offered you is very low. apidigm PS practice is doing well and recently they got some new projects too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rapidigm Stock Options

If Rapidigm is giving 70k + Stock options to join, is it a good deal?

What happens to the stock options if they lay me off and I lose my immigration status?

Please help

Stock Options

As far as I know, Rapidigm is not listed in any Stock Exchange, Then how they can give Stock options?