Impact of Special Registration on I-140

img01

Registered Users (C)
I am wondering if special registration has some impact on GC process. Is it possible if people with I-140 cases pending around a year or so can share if they have gone thru special registration? My details

I-140 EB2
RD 07/11/02
Special registration: Yes
AD: no response no RFE

Same boat, still waiting!

I-140 EB2 (Is this the category for OR?)
RD 05/31/02
concurrent I140-I485 - RD Nov 19, 2002.
EAD, AP Dec. 2002
FP: Feb. 12 th, 2003

SomeHistory: J1-to- 4years on H1B- AOS (pending)
-Mazigh

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by img01
I am wondering if special registration has some impact on GC process. Is it possible if people with I-140 cases pending around a year or so can share if they have gone thru special registration? My details

I-140 EB2
RD 07/11/02
Special registration: Yes
AD: no response no RFE

Hi img01,
are we the only unlucky ones to have known special registration? I got my EAD and my AP after special registration (dec 10, 2002). I even went out on vacation in February and came back with my AP like a breeze except for the usual questions which was normal. I would appreciate some comments about this subject from those who are in the know.
Thanks for providing this place for some solace. It has helped me a lot during this long and agonizing wait.

-Mazigh.

Yes, it looks like we are the only one. I don't know any other person with I-140 but I know 2 of my friends waiting for I-485 approval more than 2 years now. One of them even responded to RFE 4 months ago but after that nothing.

I got my EAD and AP in sep. 2002 and last week applied for renewal. Did you apply for EAD renewal? I heard some people got approval when they file for EAD renewal

Originally posted by img01
Yes, it looks like we are the only one. I don't know any other person with I-140 but I know 2 of my friends waiting for I-485 approval more than 2 years now. One of them even responded to RFE 4 months ago but after that nothing.

I got my EAD and AP in sep. 2002 and last week applied for renewal. Did you apply for EAD renewal? I heard some people got approval when they file for EAD renewal

Hi img01,
I am applying for ead renewal verry soon.
Meanwhile, I keep waiting and hope for the best to all.

Mazigh