Impact of I-485 Cases Under Transfer From CSC to TSC ???

will_get_there1

Registered Users (C)
from OH Law
----------------------------------------------------------------------
03/24/2006: 15,000 I-140/I-485 Cases Under Transfer From CSC to TSC

With reference to our report of this subject yesterdays, AILA reported today that USCIS HQ indicated that approximately 15,000 such cases are in the process of being transfered as part of the USCIS' preparation for the agency's "bi-specialization" program, whereby Service Centers will specialize in particular types of filings - two service centers handling all I-140 and related I-485 cases and the other two handling all I-129s. USCIS plans to issue an announcement detailing the bi-specialization program in the very near future. Please stay tuned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any impact on folks waiting for 485 Approval in short term ??

"USCIS will continue to process cases received before April 1, 2006 preexisting procedures. "

Did this mean most of the old I-485 cases will stay in CSC?

maninus said:
"USCIS will continue to process cases received before April 1, 2006 preexisting procedures. "

Did this mean most of the old I-485 cases will stay in CSC?

Today is 3/24/06. How do you explain "USCIS HQ indicated that approximately 15,000 such cases are in the process of being transfered "? Apparently these 15,000 cases were all filed before 4/1.

cala said:
Today is 3/24/06. How do you explain "USCIS HQ indicated that approximately 15,000 such cases are in the process of being transfered "? Apparently these 15,000 cases were all filed before 4/1.

I guess those are the cases that haven't been touched by CSC.

"When Form I-485 is Filed Separately from the Form I-140: If Form I-140 is pending, the I-485 package for the principal and accompanying dependents should be mailed to the Service Center where the I-140 is pending. Include a copy of the receipt notice (or transfer notice if the case was subsequently transferred to another Service Center). If Form I-140 has already been approved, the I-485 package for the principal and accompanying dependents should be mailed to the Service Center that approved the Form I-140. Include a copy of the approval notice."