Impact of Canadian Green card on US green Card

sameer12345

Can someone familiar please let me know if applying for a Canadian Green card while my U.S green card application is presently being processed (I-140 approved, awaiting my date to get current for third stage application) cause complications for my US Green Card. I would really appricate any inputs in this matter. Someone told me that this can lead to denial of the US green card. Is this true?

No Title

Can someone familiar please let me know if applying for a canadian Green Card while my US green card application is being processed (1_140 approved, awaiting my date to get current for third stage) cause complications for my US green card. I would really appriciate any inputs in this matter. Someone told me that this can lead to denial of the US green card. Is this true?

No Title

both are different process and I do not think, in any way, ins can
know about it.

Information

I think as long as you are in i140 no problems. But once you go for CP or i485 you might need to give up your canadian residency. I am in the same boat. MY i140 is applied and i am going to go for CP after this where i have to give up my canadian permanent residency.

One does not effect the other

I have Canadian PR and just got my passport stamped for the US PR. These two are independent of each other.

I think you are correct,

my attorney confirmed this too, but he said that it is very
hard to maintain both PR statuses legally for a long time.

but bottom line having a Canadian PR does not affect 485 processing,
I got it from my current and my prev. attorney , also if anyone
would have a problem they would have listed it on these boards

I have both PR and want to visit Canada

I am wondering to use which one to enter Canada and worry about the risk may have. Is it possible to keep both PR or I need to give up Canada PR? Please recommend and thanks in advance.

I believe once you have both the PRs, the earlier one is in danger.

My lawyer said that after getting the US greencard I will not be
able to maintain both statuses for long. Also usually the immigration
officals do not check the passport carefully, but if they do then
they can create trouble.
My sincere advice is to surrender one of the PRs.
Anyway since you have US green card you can always enter canada as
a visitor.

How can I give up my Canadian PR?

Thanks tt tt\'s reply. I also want to return my Canadian PR since I had my US PR already and it was just a protection. Are there anyone know how to drop Canadian PR?

see a post from Kishen Patel ...

I think you have to go to the nearest canadian consulate
and give it up. ( return the papers )