IMP question: Filed 485 without Employment Letter!!!

sunnyray21

Registered Users (C)
Hi, my attorney filed mine on July 11th but forgot to include the employment letter so I am not sure what my status will be. Will they deny or return the application?

Thanks,
Very stressed.

PD: Aug 2003
140: Apr 2006
485: July 11th 2007

Hi, my attorney filed mine on July 11th but forgot to include the employment letter so I am not sure what my status will be. Will they deny or return the application?

Thanks,
Very stressed.

PD: Aug 2003
140: Apr 2006
485: July 11th 2007

I don't think you can do much now b,cse it is already filed. Some times it may be ok or you may get the RFE and in either case (RFE or Deny) your lawyer will have chance to resubmit it as long as you are working at that point of time. So relax.

Hi sunnyray21
My stupid lawyer did the same. Please keep me updated on your application status, including the receipt notice, encashing of checks, RFEs.

Thanks

Please Help

After hearing about the 485 fiasco around July 2nd my lawyer decided
to still go ahead and file the application for my 485
This was done with the intention that just in case the lawsuit is
favourable to the applicants.

The 485 application was filed on 11th july.
No ead and ap were filed with it.

Now suddenly the news came that the 485 dates are current.

In that case my application has reached the INS but am not sure what
can be the outcome

My concern is that

1.> If the 485 application is not complete or correctly filed will it
be rejected or will they issue an RFE?

2.> If i get the rejection letter/information about my 485 after
august 17th then can i refile my application using the postmarked
application date or
do i need to wait for the priority dates to become current again?

Sunny21 is there a number where you can be reached.
MSG ME

USCIS returned my 485 application

FYI

My lawyer sent 485 application on June 25th but it was sent back as the numerical amount is not matching with the written amount on the check. they is a file no AXX XXX XXX on the notice, I dont know if it means they have already entered the case in the system and would consider original sent date as received date when they will receive my application again.

FYI

My lawyer sent 485 application on June 25th but it was sent back as the numerical amount is not matching with the written amount on the check. they is a file no AXX XXX XXX on the notice, I dont know if it means they have already entered the case in the system and would consider original sent date as received date when they will receive my application again.

I didnt quite follow u....are u saying USCIS returned ur application back because of incorrect fee?

MAhek, There is no necessity for EAD or AP to be filed wiht 485...it is optional. EAD filing is if you need an EAD and AP is if you need to leave the country when you dont have valid H1 or L1. So, relax.

If you think 485 was wrongly filled, that should be no problem (just my opinion). But, if you have not signed it or sent the correct fees, then it will be denied. And yes, you can only reapply if hte date is current...So, as long as you have signed the papers and the fees you sent were correct, i think you should relax.

Read this:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf

Sunnyray21

After hearing about the 485 fiasco around July 2nd my lawyer decided
to still go ahead and file the application for my 485
This was done with the intention that just in case the lawsuit is
favourable to the applicants.

The 485 application was filed on 11th july.
No ead and ap were filed with it.

Now suddenly the news came that the 485 dates are current.

In that case my application has reached the INS but am not sure what
can be the outcome

My concern is that

1.> If the 485 application is not complete or correctly filed will it
be rejected or will they issue an RFE?

2.> If i get the rejection letter/information about my 485 after
august 17th then can i refile my application using the postmarked
application date or
do i need to wait for the priority dates to become current again?

Sunny21 is there a number where you can be reached.
MSG ME

yes

yes. the numerical amt on the check did not match the written amt. everything else was fine. btw check was given by my company otherwise if I had to write the check, I would not have made that mistake.

we have already resubmitted the application with the correct check. now I am waiting to see if they would consider the original sent date when they issue the receipt.

I didnt quite follow u....are u saying USCIS returned ur application back because of incorrect fee?

Empl letter after RD?

Should my lawyer send in the Employment Letter with the Receipt no after I receive an RD?
Or should I wait for an RFE? any suggestions?

Should my lawyer send in the Employment Letter with the Receipt no after I receive an RD?
Or should I wait for an RFE? any suggestions?

my attirney also send i-485 without employment letter. Attorney did not include employment letter for about 18 people in my company. I already got receipt number.

Hi Guys,

My attorney also sent my I-485 pkg without the Employment Letter.
And I have also talked to a couple of other folks well acquainted with similar issues and they say that it might be just fine. Incase the IO needs to confirm at that point of time that offer/intent to employ is still open, IO might just ask for it by issuing an RFE for EMP.Letter

Processing of I-485 without initial evidences

Hi all,

Is it sure that there will not be any problem later due to missing initial evidence once we get a receipt / A number? I read in I-485 form that once the file is receipted,initial evidence are checked during initial processing step and file can be rejected if initial evidences are missing. Does this means that even if we get a receipt number,there is a possibility that I-485 can be denied later during initial processing? Please help me understand the process.....My Attorney said that we will be fine once it is receipted. But the I-485 says something else. I am also scheduling a consultaion with MURTHY law firm to confirm this, as i am planning to refile I-485 (missed my birth certificates in previous application). Please someone reply.....

I'm really not sure if it is okay to send the 485 pkg without the Emp.letter
when the 485 form says that it is a part of initial evidence.

My lawyer said that an employment letter is not required for filing. It usually is requested when USCIS is ready to approve your case. So they did not include an employment letter in my package either. Let's cross fingers and hope what he said is true.

Without Employment Letter - Has anyone got receipts?

just wondering if any one has got their receipts for the I-485 filed without employment letter.

07/19 Filer - NSC - checks encashed yesterday

my checks got encashed yesterday at NSC.

Application received at NSC on July 19. I am hoping I will get an RFE to provide the missing employment letter.

just wondering if any one has got their receipts for the I-485 filed without employment letter.

Yes, I did get my receipt last week. Per my lawyer, USCIS will probably ask for the EVL later on during the process. Good luck to all of us.

Option to send Employment Letter with I-485 receipt?

Wondering if there is any option or has anyone tried to send the Employment Letter (not filed originally with the AOS application, Receipt Notice received) later with a copy of the I-485 Receipt Notice?

If this is possible, then the IO will have all the requisite evidence at the time of adjudication. Just not sure if one could voluntarily send additional evidence or whether one has to wait for an RFE or NOID to be issued for missing Employment Letter?

Wondering if there is any option or has anyone tried to send the Employment Letter (not filed originally with the AOS application, Receipt Notice received) later with a copy of the I-485 Receipt Notice?

If this is possible, then the IO will have all the requisite evidence at the time of adjudication. Just not sure if one could voluntarily send additional evidence or whether one has to wait for an RFE or NOID to be issued for missing Employment Letter?

I have the same question. Can someone please advise? Also, If one can't provice this additional evidence voluntarily,what happen if someone gets lay off before 180d and find a new employer; then when USCIS issue a RFE on EVL, is it okay to have the new emplyer provide the letter? Thanks.