Imp: Employment and N400

ravi_niu

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I am going to file N400 tommorrow as i am a PR from 10/06/05. I am a nurse who came to the US on a Schedule A (labor exempt) for Nurses GreenCard. Thus i got my GC in my Home country and came here.
I worked with my sponsoring agency in NewYork from the day i came i.e 10/06/05 and terminated my employment with them on 05/17/06 (7months and 13 days) as i moved to another state since i was getting married.
I got a no objection from my sponsoring employer, and moved to the new state. After 4 months i started my current employment as a nurse which i am continuing till now.

Would my employment with the sponsoring agency for 7m 13d be an issue during interview for citizenship as my GC was employment based?

Thanks.

Dear All,

I am going to file N400 tommorrow as i am a PR from 10/06/05. I am a nurse who came to the US on a Schedule A (labor exempt) for Nurses GreenCard. Thus i got my GC in my Home country and came here.
I worked with my sponsoring agency in NewYork from the day i came i.e 10/06/05 and terminated my employment with them on 05/17/06 (7months and 13 days) as i moved to another state since i was getting married.
I got a no objection from my sponsoring employer, and moved to the new state. After 4 months i started my current employment as a nurse which i am continuing till now.

Would my employment with the sponsoring agency for 7m 13d be an issue during interview for citizenship as my GC was employment based?

Thanks.

Nope... I had worked with my sponsor employment for only 6 months after I got my GC. The subject didn't even get mentioned during my interview. The only thing the officer asked me was my current job. In your case, it's been 4 years. That should fly pretty easily as you are showing a good distributor to society and a tax payer ( i assume you file your tax, right?). They like that. You should be fine. Don't worry about it. Good luck.

Thanks Cowfacepose, for your quick reply. Much appreciated, yes i have paid Taxes all these years, no issues at all.