Immunization Question

HappyFace76

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I will be going for Medical Examination next week and after two week I will be filing 140+485.

my wife is pregnant and she do not have the Immunization record. I suppose in this situation Dr. won't be giving any Immunization doses.

my question is that can we file the 485 without her taking the doses right now and once she delivers she will take doses.

Or

Affidavit from her parents that these doses has been given to her in childhood work?

Thanks in advance

Incomplete Medical exam - expect RFE

I am reposting my response to a similar query :

Similar case for Wife, received RFE
When we applied for I-485 (June '01) my Wife was pregnant,
hence she did not take TB test and some shots for her Medical exam; The Doctor and our Attorney told us that we would later receive an RFE for the same.
We did receive an RFE asking my wife to :
" xxxxx (name) should get TB test done when not pregnant"
(Yes, the RFE was that specific).
We had her Medical done for the remaining tests/shots and responed to the RFE. Currently awaiting approval for both of us.
Details : RD - 6/12/01
ND - 7/27/01
Rfe issued by NSC - 6/26/02
Rfe response received by NSC - 7/16/02
Awaiting approval.

Regarding obtaining and Affidavit from Parents or taking the remaining Medical tests before receving RFE - I didn't ask my Attorney about that neither do I know anyone
doing so. Hope this helps.

not heard about immunization affidavits!!

I heard about affidavits from parents for Birth certificates. Where did you hear that affidavits from parents for immunization??

We were in the same situation as far as the medical records. Wife did not take shots due to pregnancy and the immigration doctor stated that in the documents included at the time of filing I-485 (no choice!!).

We are waiting for the RFE for my wife to take shots...the doctor or the lawyer don't recommend taking and sending the shots details in advance without RFE to avoid an RFE. I think that's just the way it works due the fact that INS is known for "not connecting" documents we sent. This is my experience and my take on your issue.

Hope this helps.

ZZ