Immitracker never updates

GC_Kool

While we all appreciate the effort of the person who maintains www.immitracker.com, I have to says that it sucks in that the pages never get updated. When was the last time the VSC approval track page got updated? 12/2. When was the last time the graphs got updated? 11/20. I don\'t know why it\'s so difficult to update a page or even make updates real time.

www.infitime.com is a much better site as far as "up-to-date" is concerned.

No Title

The person maintaining the site got approved. Still he maintains the site with interest. He requested for help from the users in maintaining the updated data. Why don\'t you help him in maintaining the updated data, instead of criticizing him.

What\'s the problem with U?

If some one is doing a voluntary work either you should appreciate that person or keep quite!! Of course!! you can allways let others know about other good sites!! But you cannot criticize someone for the good job he/she is doing for free!!

No Title

Well that is very bad to say such things. Myladoor has done a Great!! work maintaining the site. I think you should first appreciate such endevours. The Infitime.com is also a great site which does not, in anyway, let anybody criticize Myladoor\'s work.

No Title

Thanks for letting me know the background of this site. I DEFINITELY APPRECIATE HIS EFFORT and I by no means critize mylador personally. My comments are about the website itself. Many of us are relying on this site to keep track of the progress of VSC processing. While many use this broad to track receipts, FP, finger prints, etc, what\'s a better way to track them than registering with the immitracker website? It was the best site as it not only provided case statuses but also analyses. It is a great site as long as it updates. I understand that we all owe the webmaster to some extent, however, we have to face the fact: we simply cannot rely on a website that does not update. Please understand my frustration. You know how many times I \'ve been to this site since the page got updated last time?

GC_KOOL ...cool down

Myladoor is great hearted guy. He takes time to update the site every sunday. He may be busy with some work this sunday or some problem. He surely will update DON\'T WORRY.

If you dont wanna rely, just dont visit immitracker.com but dont critisize.

Thanks
JAg

GC_kool

Cool down, man. We understand your frustation because we all feel the same about immitracker not being updated.But that shouldn\'t allow us to vent out the frustation on the webmaster. Myladoor is a great person for creating it and maintaining it for long time, and myladoor still maintains the site even after the approval of his own. If myladoor falls behind updating, and all we can do is to make a request to myladoor in immitracker chat room(which I believe myladoor checks it all the time) or let some volunteers to update it.

infitime.com also had lot of junk from the inactive posters who posted it a while ago and never care to update it with their RD after getting 485 receipt. But I took initiative and cleaned it a lot. Now it looks lot cleaner.

Common Maen, immitracker is really good.

I would like to help Myladoor. I like his work. You got to understand he has his own life to live. It does not pay him a dime to do that stuff. If it was you, will you even update it monthly once after you get your GC, forget it maen.

Even i visit the site frequently and wish it was realtime. immitracker is way too good compare to infitime, simply becoz of reports and historical data.

How angry are you on INS??

Do not blame GC-Kool

He did not mean anthing bad. He did not criticize anybody but he told something about that website. I visit that website everyday, and I have the same feeling as he does. He just spoke out a fact about that website. Why your guys say "he is criticizing the webmaster"?

We absolutely appreciate every endeavor that the webmaster has made, but this does not mean we do not want to improve the website. I think all of us hope to get a good website that we can get fast information about the GC applications, so what GC-Kool says is very understandable.

I do agree with you that

the Web site really needs some improvements BUT I think GC-Kool is really criticizing the webmaster. Do you use the word "Sucks" when you are making suggestions? I know GC-Kool is trying to say something useful but his wording is not so "polite." You can\'t blame others for being "rude" to GC-Kool.

I personally don\'t think immitracker is the best but one has to appreciate the effort of the Webmaster. Myladoor has no obligation to do that for us anymore since he has already received his GC.

GC-Kool can always send an e-mail to Myladoor if he/she has some good suggestions.

Well the way of saying...

That is what matters. Myladoor updates once in a month. I have seen him posting apologies if he is late. I think you have to appreciate the endevour. If you dont like the site, then I think you should not visit that site. Saying that Site sucks is a directly blaming the site and the people who maitain that. Well, why not take some initiative and maintain that site? Myladoor keeps asking for help. May be you can pro-actively ask him whether you can develop some program to update the Graphs every night? That would have been highly appreciable.

Relax folks...

Boy ! You guys have so much of time, energy and inclination to get in to a fuss about something which will, in NO WAY, speed up your approval process !!!

Relax, folks and focus on staying gainfully employed. The rest will take care of itself.

Good Luck.

VoodooDoc

No Title

I never expected that my comments would bring so much criticism.

First of all, I did not know that immitracker was a volunteer work but thought that it was maintained by an organization. (I never read anything else but the approval status page.) I probably would not have used the word "sucks" if I had known that myladoor was doing it as a public service.

Second, I was indeed unsatisfied with the website because it does not update often enough. Immitracker is no longer just a website that nobody cares about. On the contrary, many people are relying on it to track INS processing speed. Although it will not necessarily make INS work faster, it does help! So as the sole maintainer of this site, the webmaster does have a responsibility to bring visitors up-to-date information.

Third, from my first posting to this one, I cannot emphasize enough how much I appreciate Myladoor\'s effort. I am not criticizing him personally but just making an objective comments on the website. Someone has offerred help to the webmaster, and I would do the same. However, no matter how much appreciation you have, please be objective!

Another Tracker

For what it\'s worth, there is another tracker I maintain at http://instrack.sce.net/. It was mainly geared towards VSC I-140 processing times, but it\'s starting to get enough I-485 times to become representative.

The other advantage is that I haven\'t updated it since July - it relies on users to be current so it\'s not dependent on me.

Can we have MD and FP at instract.sce.net?

I have been using this site since I applied I140 and I\'d like to keep using this one. But do you think you can add MD & FP in I485? Thanks.