Immigrations Brains Please reply to this !!!!!

Jawan1

Banned
Say for E.g. I apply for I-485 and then for some reason I go to my home country.Can we file I-824 and request for counsular processing ?

2) say I apply for I-485 and my attorney didn\'t submit all the required papers and INS rejected an application, could we refile I-485 with the required documents ? could we file I-824 and request CP ?

What I am trying to know here is once your I-140 is approved , do we have chance to complete either I-485 or CP till it is approved or disapproved.

It has to be one way or the other

I believe once you start one way, say AOS, you cannot try CP
anymore, no matter what happens...

If you have already filed for AOS, and then file for CP

according to R.Khanna, INS deems your 485 to be ABANDONED!
That means even though you can pursue CP, if you are out of
status in the US by virtue of your H1 expiring after ur AOS was filed and before a request for CP(via I-824) was filed, then
you would have to leave the US and wait for the CP papers to be sent to the US consulate in ur home country!

But this raises other questions, like what if you switched froma valid H1 to an EAD, and then after applying for CP can you switch back to the still valid H1?
What constitues "switching" to an EAD?

No Title

Well It is true that once you file Cp your I-485 is deemed to be cancelled. My question is for some reason, if you want to give up I-485, go to your country and wait untill your CP is approved or disapproved. Is it possible once you filed for I-485(considering I have never been out of status and all that).