immigration photo query

anushri

Registered Users (C)
guys,
how many photos in all do we need these days during consular interview and what are there specs?????
what i got from consulate website is :

At the visa interview, each applicant -- irrespective of age -- must submit one (1) photograph that meet the following standards:

Size: 2 x 2 inches square. The face must cover approximately 50 percent of the photograph area, and the head must measure between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inch.
The applicant must look directly at the camera, not down or to either side
but what i have read and recall new photo requirements were very different from this and there were 5 photos required.Can anyone shed light on this.

all i know is 3 passport photos for medical exam but not sure about the immigration.
My wife wear presciption glasses on regular basis. does she need to have immigration photos with glasses or can she have immigration photos without glasses( which she would prefer).

any idea from anyone please........

anushri

Last edited by a moderator:
I will suggest you that wearing glasses might be a problem.

For me and my wife they only took one photo each for the interview even though we were carrying 3 photos each.

I am not sure about the prescription glasses. But I think you should not wear anything that covers your facial (face, ear and head) part. That includes removing ear rings, all sorts of other jewelry, no cap/turban (unless for religious purpose). Also your I think the ears be visible (may be I am mixing earlier requirement)

As I try to be cautious I asked my wife to remove ear rings and not to put any "sindhur/tikka" on forehead.

I will suggest you that wearing glasses might be a problem.
The reason behind this might be that for the Bio Visa the pictures should be able to scan for some check. I notice there are 3 lines on the picture in the IV stamped on your passport. The might be that I could be easier to scan the face against their database. I repeat "This is just my guess".

anushri said:
guys,
how many photos in all do we need these days during consular interview and what are there specs?????
what i got from consulate website is :

At the visa interview, each applicant -- irrespective of age -- must submit one (1) photograph that meet the following standards:

Size: 2 x 2 inches square. The face must cover approximately 50 percent of the photograph area, and the head must measure between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inch.
The applicant must look directly at the camera, not down or to either side
but what i have read and recall new photo requirements were very different from this and there were 5 photos required.Can anyone shed light on this.

all i know is 3 passport photos for medical exam but not sure about the immigration.
My wife wear presciption glasses on regular basis. does she need to have immigration photos with glasses or can she have immigration photos without glasses( which she would prefer).

any idea from anyone please........

anushri

At "My own photo studio" in Mumbai, the fella asked em to remove my glasses. Also for the wife, remove the earrings also.

Photo requirement

Only the FRONTAL Photo is required. 3/4 Photo NOT required.

At the Consulate they take ONLY ONE Photo per applicant.

At the POE, I was asked for one additional photo (same FRONTAL style).

So, carrying 3 to 4 photos per applicant is good enough.

You MUST REMOVE eye-glasses, ear-rings for the photo. Dont know about bindi's etc, that Indian women wear.

Photograph - who does this size in U.S.?

Hello List,

The Canada immigration application checklist states photo size as 35 mm by 45 mm or 1 and 3/8" by 1 and 3/4" size. Walmart, CVS, Ritz Photo all do 2inch by 2 inch and none seem to do the 35 X 45mm size in Virginia. So where does one get these pics taken?
Appreciate your help. This is holding my application process. Did not expect a hurdle at this photo step.
Thanks,

So, is this photo count correct?

Medicals - 3
Consulate - 1
POE - 1

Photo should be 2 x 2 inches square, frontal position.

Appreciate your replies.