Immigration lawyers dancing on the streets naked

armie

Registered Users (C)
thinking of all the money they can make from multiple H1, EAD, AP filings.
I am personally filing in 8th H1 in a few weeks followed by AP.

Guys, if you missed the dot com boom, do not worry. Murthies or Khannas are filling for IPOs soon, do not hesitate to stock up.
It won't be long before we will see a flood of lawyers arriving from Hyderabad.

One man's misery is another's oppurtunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
armie said:
thinking of all the money they can make from multiple H1, EAD, AP filings.

Guys, if you missed the dot com boom, do not worry. Murthies or Khannas are filling for IPOs soon, do not hesitate to stock up.
It won't be long before we will see a flood of lawyers arriving from Hyderabad.

One man's misery is another's oppurtunity.

The title of your thread is the funniest I ever read :D You got it right, lawyers are dancing naked in the streets hahahha I think we can call this time the "Lawyer Boom"!

I believe its inappropriate language to express.

I am not trying to side any one. but there are many polite way to express feelings.

The second thing, if u think in this way that retrogession also mean an applicant is not only unable to file 485 for himself but his family(3 person avg) too which mean a big money stuck in pipeline that G.C is most highly paid souce of income for att, not $100 Fee of EAD, and it seems u spent life doing job and never thougth one second in businessman prospective, that $100 cash today and NOW is not equal $100 after one year.

I also believe there is a flood of ppl standing outside the system, and if G.C is process fast, Its good in Att favor.

Good LUck

PrinceofJungle said:
if u think in this way that retrogession also mean an applicant is not only unable to file 485 for himself but his family(3 person avg) too which mean a big money stuck in pipeline that G.C is most highly paid souce of income for att, not $100 Fee of EAD, and it seems u spent life doing job and never thougth one second in businessman prospective, that $100 cash today and NOW is not equal $100 after one year.

You have conveniently left out fees for H1 renewal. 2 years ago lawyers used to charge $250-500 for doing less that 10 sheets of paper work. Now they have bumped it up to $1500 range. There are plenty of lawyers who charge $250-$500 for responding to RFE which NSC seems to be too happy to oblige with.

PrinceofJungle said:
I also believe there is a flood of ppl standing outside the system, and if G.C is process fast, Its good in Att favor.

It seems the govt. policy is to incresase H1 and keep the number of GC same. Even with 7 or even 10 year retrogression there is no shortage of people applying for GC. In fact, my friend in starting his paper work for LC today :eek:

armie said:

If you have got 140 ---Do not go for 8th year H1b -- it practically serve no protection -- if 485 gets doomed so does the h1b.
EAD + AP u can do it online and simple -- no need of Attorney..

But U need to shell out fees for EAD and AP ... each year ... until the promised day.

Good luck.

I wonder what ever happened to the multi-year EAD that they were planning to implement.

I think the next two-three months are crucial to see what direction this is heading - AILA and other lawyers etc would be able to extract more information form USCIS on this backlog and what direction its heading, perhaps this bulletin is very conservative and there will be a huge jump, perhaps Senate may pass some relief Or Perhaps nothing will happen at all. I guess one should try to have a plan and redefine goals where-ever possible.

People who are\will be AC21 eligible are slightly better off as they can jump and make more $$.

avi101 said:
I wonder what ever happened to the multi-year EAD that they were planning to implement.

I think the next two-three months are crucial to see what direction this is heading - AILA and other lawyers etc would be able to extract more information form USCIS on this backlog and what direction its heading, perhaps this bulletin is very conservative and there will be a huge jump, perhaps Senate may pass some relief Or Perhaps nothing will happen at all. I guess one should try to have a plan and redefine goals where-ever possible.

People who are\will be AC21 eligible are slightly better off as they can jump and make more $$.

They should dump this PD concept for I-485 to reduce backlogs in the first place. PD has gained a lot of importance since Jan 2005. They were better off before this.
I'm not sure if anyone received validity of EAD for more than 1 yr. I think its that time USCIS should start issuing EAD valid for atleast more than 2 yrs.

avi101 said:

Yes I think that multi-year EAD will be out soon with this state of retrogression.... or else the officers at NSC will be busy doing EAD's which is up for renewal every 9 months..

My employer says --- with EAD and AC21 .. one can do practically everything what GC holder can do ... so whats the hurry.

Hmm ... but for us its not the same -- the virtual freedom is what one likes ...

Good luck.

Don't be bitter

If lawyers make money, there's a reason.
They spent $$$$$ on education and years of their life.
If you envy the money they make, go get yourself a JD.

Being jealous never actually does anything useful :)

talkative said:
Don't be bitter
If lawyers make money, there's a reason.
Not in the case of immigation lawyers.
90% of H1/GC cases are no more than routine paper work which a clerk with
a high school diploma and basic knowledge of immigration law can do.
In fact I know several software engineers who filed H1/485 themselves.
Multi year retrogression is a windfall for many incompetent immigration lawyers.
This is their tech bubble.