Immigration Interview and prior H1B 221G - Help.

BarodaNY

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

In 2003 i applied for H1B visa in Mumbai consulate, unfortunately after a couple long interviews i was handed over a letter saying " Your application requires additional Clearances, We will contact you when further action can be taken in your case" , Eventually i came to know that they had BIG doubts on the H1 sponsoring employer and thats the reason they put me on hold. Till today, i never heard back from Consulate or the Employer. It all happened for good for me anyways as employer was kind of fishy.

In the meantime i immigrated to Canada in 2005. My wife is a US GReen card holder and she filed my F2A petition in May 2002. Our case has been opened by NVC and completed the review. We are just waiting for the Priority Date to become active. I will be attending my Immigration Interview in Montreal Consulate, Canada.

Looking to my past H1 221G in 2003, would I face any trouble getting my immigration Visa ??

Is it correct that my H1 visa pending application in 2003 must have already been expired?
Would Consulate officer in MOntreal raise Questions pertaining to my previous H1 221G and reasons for that?

I am really worried,, my wife and new born are in US. Hopefully Priority date for F2A moves better in coming months. I am not even getting Visit visa to see them and if she comes to live in Canada, they will say she is not maintaning her US Permanent Residency..... :confused:

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Issues ahead....

Baroda,

I am afraid, there are going to be issues at your interview...:confused: For example, why didn't you bring back a boiled potato to consulate :eek:

Until you answer the boiled potato question, the US consulate will be concerned about your clearance....:rolleyes:

re: Issues ahead....

Baroda,

I am afraid, there are going to be issues at your interview...:confused: For example, why didn't you bring back a boiled potato to consulate :eek:

Until you answer the boiled potato question, the US consulate will be concerned about your clearance....:rolleyes:

Can you elaborate what do you mean to say by "Boiled Potato". What do i bring back from the interview which was held 4 years back..

I am not getting you properly.

Thanks.

Not getting H1B has nothing to do with Family based Immigration. It is totally separate. When your wife is sponsoring you, the only reason if they deny you is if they doubt the marriage or you do not have the correct documents etc..

That really makes sense to me, as far as my immigration documents goes, all is fine so far. NVC completed the case means they must have checked all the papers.

Any Ideas why F2A dates are moving slowly... I am just 2 months away of my priority date since last 1.5 years.

Thanks for sensible suggestion.

boiled potato = visa

Can you elaborate what do you mean to say by "Boiled Potato". What do i bring back from the interview which was held 4 years back..

I am not getting you properly.

Thanks.

Baroda,

Yeah... a boiled potato could have gotten you an H1B visa....:rolleyes:

Just kidding man.... Your case will be evaluated on its merit, rather than your previous visa application.....:)

Baroda,

Yeah... a boiled potato could have gotten you an H1B visa....:rolleyes:

Just kidding man.... Your case will be evaluated on its merit, rather than your previous visa application.....:)

Southner, :eek: Good to know you were kidding and immigration case will be evaluated on its own merits. :cool:

Any ideas, how F2A dates would move in coming months? Its was stuck on March 2002 since last 5 months:(

Also, just wanted to make sure, my wife (petitioner) is not working currently, so we have submitted a Joint sponsor of my Uncle. Would that all go fine?

Thanks for all your suppport.
Have a Good one.