Immigration Gurus

pkada

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus

I am an MD and will be entering the USA on a greencard in the EB2 category. My interview is in August at chennai.Previously, I was in the USA on a J visa and both my spouse and myself completed our training there.Currently, we are both in private practice in India.

I have a couple of questions for the gurus

1) Can my spouse start working immediately?

2) since we are currently self employed in India, what do I do for paystub info if the consuate asks for it during the interview?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

congratulations

1. if both of you have completed two year home rule requirement you should be able to get green card for both and then can start working
2. if you got an approved i-140 based on a employment offer letter, you will not need pay stubs, just take the letter of employment offer, contract and financial statements of employer.

Just my opinion.
what speciality do you and your wife practice?

Thanks for your reply

In answer to your question, Cardiology and anesthesiology. Ironically, we will be completing our 2 year home rule problem on aug 19th.

The only problem with the financial statements of the group is that this is a group practice and the profits get divided at the end of the year(as bonus in my case in addition to the salary), the effective corporate income is zero. The other partners are very reluctant to part with their salariesfor obvious reasons. This was not a problem at the i-140 stage( we had expected it to be). The lawyer states that since INS did not care about it, it should not be an issue. I hope the immigration officer at chennai is convinced. If push comes to shove, I can get the incomes of the other partners, but would rather not know.

No Title

in anycase, the profits at the end are dependent on factors and are not guaranteed to you. Hence they cannot be applied to your 140. All you need to show is the base salary which will suffice for the intent of iv interview.

Just curious

Did you go back because you did not get a J-1 visa waiver/O-1 or you went back to try and practice , and things did not work out?

I did not want ot go thru a waiver

cos the length of the waiver is sometimes upto 5 years now. CT does not have waiver positions and I thought that a cardiology practice in Bangalore with all available facilities would keep my hands busy rather than a small town practice in the USA.Once you enter on a J-Visa you are damned anyway after your training.

It was difficult and frustating a lot of times but since it is over now, I guess I can say that it is the better option for a person whose livelihood would depend on doing a lot of invasive procedures.You really can keep your hands busy here. The quality of life ie. the intrusion of privacy was the most difficult problem I had. The second biggest problem was the lack of a very organized life. But the money you earn would be comparable in 2-3 years. After 5 years, you earn more and there are a lot of fringe benefits eg no problem with the cops,no discrimination etc.
If you ask me to justify my going back, thE short answer is that I miss the USA. I never that I would miss the country when I left in august of 2000.

I you want to discuss this in detail, email me at kadambi@yahoo.com