Immigration Guru's Your advice is needed urgently..!!!

gcsep10

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My case is currently with the Philly BCIS center pending an interview.No information available on interview dates at this time.

Due to possible lay off's i had applied for another job in Florida.The job has come through.

The lay off's will be starting in October 2003 as per the recent emails..

Since the case is already with the Philly Center now if i take up the offer in Florida what will happen to the case?

Will it get transfered to FL local BCIS center for the my residence.?

Immigration Guru's please respond..

thanks
gcsep10

RD Sep 10 2001
ND Nov 11 2001
TD Jan 2003

As your case is already in Philly INS. I would suggest keeping your current address.
If inform INS of your move to Florida you case may get tranfered and may delay you further.
If it is expensive to keep paying rent to maintain a house for the GC then give the INS the address of a Friend. The papers will come to his house.
You can also sublet your apartment with the condition that they collect your Immigration mail.
In other words I strongly suggest that you maintain a address that comes in the Philly Jurisdiction. You are so near you do not want to mess it up now.
Regards,
Prasukeer

I( agree

Take some short term losese for long term gain

Money or early GC

But where in Florida will you be moving...chances are you may get an early Interview....don't know but please look around

Florida Centers

Hey Prasukeer and Jaic,

Thanks for your valuable advise..

Jaic do you know any centers in Florida which may have a better chance to get the interview quicker?

Anywhere i can find info about the speed of the FL local centers..?

Please let me know..

Thanks
gcsep10

Try TSC thread

I am from Jacksonville. But fortunately I got approved without Interview............

Other than that I don't have much info...Sorry

There is no "good center" in Florida. Florida sucks big time!!! I'm going to evacuate from Florida almost immediatelly after I get my GC. If your case is transferred to Florida you will get stuck there almost forever. It takes them 16 months in Miami and almost 2 years in Orlando to process EBGC I-485. And they count it from the transfer date. Trust me people, you don't want to live in Florida. At least in south Florida. People here are so rude ....

Philly actually is better compared to FL..

Guys Mamoht,Jaic and all,

Thank you very much for your invaluable advise..
Yesterday i stumbled upon some time lines of various centers and i saw that Philly take about 7-9 months for the interviews...

So somehow it is better to keep my residence here by hook or crook..

Again thanks all of you folks for all the help..

gcsep10

Also, if you are going to have the Philly address, make sure that you don't change your driver license to FL.

GCSEP10:

In addition to money, do you need to be employeed when you show up for interview anywhere? What if you are laid off in Oct, and you don't have a job on the date of interview?

dhw

hey dhw,

As far as i know at the time of interview in most cases they ask for an "Employment Letter" and recent pay stubs (i have seen 6 months) and tax returns.

We have to be employed as far as i know because we are EB category based.

If the officer is really picky he may even check the responsibilities mentioned in the employment letter and match them with the ones in the labor cleared too ..

Bottom line -what happens in the interview is based on pure luck..

Hope i have answered some of your concerns..

Cheers
gcsep10