Immigration changes

J. Lahiri

Will there be any changes in immigration that will affect would-be Indian migrants to America? Will there be fewer people coming over, now that immigration is going to be curtailed? Or will this mostly affect illegal immigration?

student visa

my I-94 card expired last year in feb.yet my visa has 5 more years and my passport too has 5 more years.
am afraid to apply in any school? should i keep on hiding, am i illegal or what is ma situation?

V Visa Information

Is anyone know about V visa? and the procedure to apply for it? Hope INS will continue to give this visa. If anybody knows anything about this V visa pls post your reply.

Hi Margaret.

I have the same situtation like you do. My i-94 expired too. I was wondering If you can email me, and just help me out and keep on track on what I can do to fix my problem. my email address is user316@hotmail.com. thank you Margarete.
my name is Brandon.
or if anyone know what I can do?. please help thank you.
All Help or replies are apreciated.

-B

Contact an immigration lawyer

If you donot have valid I-20 then it is a trouble for you. Because you can stay in USA legally as long as I-94 permits or if you have
I-20 and applications have been submitted to INS for F-1 Student visa. But still you have validity of VISA , so pls contact an immigration lawyer immediately, before laws are to be changed against student visa and permits.

V VISA INFO

Please,Check out "Miscellaneous Discussion on the new Laws"(under the topic The new immigration laws).The first item has lots of information posted regarding the V visa.Good luck.

H1 Visa extension

My I 94 is expired on May 1st 2001. My employer has filed for extension before 1st May. I have not received any confirmation about the extension till this date. It is more than 7 months. Will the extension take so many months? Under the circumstances should i leave the country or stayback till my visa is extended or will there be a problem if i go to India. Can somebody advise me for this. Does any one face such a problem.

Siva

I need help on how to apply for a student visa.

i am mohd.mahfuz miah, and is living in saudi arabia but bangladeshi by birth want to migrate to the usa for higher education.i have completed my o\'levels and would like you to tell me how will get a student visa.

I-94 expiration

I had asked my immigration lawyer the same question during my extension and he assured me that if your H-1B visa/I-94 card expires during renewal then you are still in legal status as long as your H-1B is valid.

7 months is bit unusual for visa revalidation...you may want to follow up with your lawyers.

Student Visa

Last I heard in C-SPAN that State Dept has suspended student visas from 26 middle eastern countries. So chances are slim that you will get visa from U.S consulate in Saudi.

I would advise you to get visa from Bangladesh. Before you apply for visa, you need to apply to desired school, get acceptance (they will send I-20 form). Take 1-20 along with financial support document and follow visa application procedure at appropraite consulate.

You can stay upto 240 days

But still....call your attorney or employer. Usually you will get within two to three months.

Give your thoughts

In india we have a dish called kadi which is made of buttermilk. \'Kadi pattas\'(leaves) are added to add flavor. But once the flavor enters the dish the \'kadi pattas\' are removed and thrown. Don\'t you feel that H1b are treated the same way. They want foreign talent but don\'t want to keep them permanently.
When an employer applies for H1b it means there is scarcity of talent in that sector and thus obtains a LC. Why can\'t this LC be used as permanent LC. Why should we undergo the labor certification again.
1) One way to straighten this very fast :if people refuse to enter US on H1b on temporary status. If people refuse then jobs will start going offshore which the government may not like.
2)Another way is to ammend the law this way: A person who enters US on H1b should be allowed to file his own papers for adjustment of status after completing 2 years in this country without losing his job i.e. he should have 24 pay stubs without a break). If the country required him for 2 years then why should he be at their mercy.
I hope Khanna saab reads this and gives his opinion

H1 Visa extension - same problem as Siva

Hi Siva,

I have exactly the same problem as u have and my employer tells
me the same thing that there is no need to worry cuz my six yr of
H1 Visa is not completed (3 yrs are still left) but my I94 expired and i\'m transfer since 8 mths..

I am in the process of transfer of H1 from Old company to New company. And I\'ve already started working for new company after receiving LCA Receipt Number. The HR Manager (no attorney was involved) sent LCA Receipt Copy(with other supporting documents) to INS in June 2001 but havent got anything from INS inspite of trying contact them many times.

The biggest problem is my Old I-94 & I-129 shows the end date in Nov 2001. I even went to INS Office personally but they wont give me any information as the affected party of H1 is me and they say its against the law for them to give the status directly to me.

what is my fate now? Am i out of status? Can it be taken care by Premium (fast track) processing or any fees payments or anything else. or if any attorney can pull me out of this mess in which i\'m not to be blamed 100% atleast.

I have american girlfriend, and she is ready to help me out of this situation by marrying me but i want to keep this is as a last option
as i dont want to use her.

Please write clear answer as to what to do and the deadlines in terms of days. Thanks everybody

if u get any information pleas mail me on lostman@usa.com

God bless u all.

Immigration laws passed for processing papers

Has President Bush passed a law that would allow immigrants from El Salvador fix their papers here in the United States without the fear of having to go back to that country to do so?

Has presadent Bush passed a law for Elsalvador immigrants to fix their papers

MY ? is in concern of my husband. He is from elsalvador and I would like to know if Presadent Bush has passed a law for Salvadorans to be legal

No Title

the maximum of one year you can stay outside usa.
If your want to extend it, you should get "Travel document" from INS which is valid for one more year.
So, ultimately the maximum of two years (with INS permission) you can stay outside USA.

Veera.

No Title

I think you are out of status because the length of stay is usually specified in your I-94

No Title

I think you are out of status because the length of stay is usually specified in your I-94