Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Guys,
may be the majority of the people who get stuck in extended name check are muslims, but deifnitely not just them.
I'm European, Catholic with a corresponding name. My PD is 03/30/2009, I'm not even in the Q for interview yet.

Guys,
may be the majority of the people who get stuck in extended name check are muslims, but deifnitely not just them.
I'm European, Catholic with a corresponding name. My PD is 03/30/2009, I'm not even in the Q for interview yet.

I am sorry to hear that. I STRONGLY believe that USCIS is prfiling. There is black profiling, Hispanic profiling, ...etc. But there is also is Muslim Profiling which includes ( Black, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, European,...etc). I mean if they really want people to be loyal this country they should treat everybody the same Just imagine a person who gets approved after two years or three will He/She have the same loyality to this country as those who get approved in 4 or 5 months? I just wonder!

USCIS just called me to let me know that my name check is cleared and my interview is going to be on 7/6. I have sent email this morning to the Southeast Regional director and wondering if my email triggers this update.

I sent email yesterday to the ombudsman officer who is working my case as well. Getting confused regard what trigger the interview. What ever, I got my interview and that what important.

USCIS just called me to let me know that my name check is cleared and my interview is going to be on 7/6. I have sent email this morning to the Southeast Regional director and wondering if my email triggers this update.

I sent email yesterday to the ombudsman officer who is working my case as well. Getting confused regard what trigger the interview. What ever, I got my interview and that what important.

Congratulations

Wow, that's a USCIS miracle! And they didn't give you BS about your application still being within processing times?

I have given up calling useless 800 number with all the versions that I have heard - from everything looks great you should be getting it very soon or all your checks are still pending to it's just your bad luck (a great answer from IO).

It could just be that they target Muslims from specific countries with suspected ties to terrorism. Religion is just part of the profile they are looking at.

This. I know several Europeans who happen to be muslim (native Europeans, not newcomers to the continent) and they have no problem whatsoever with naturalization.

Contacts

Guys,
here is the contact info with names, hope it's up-to-date
Guessing their email address, I assume it will be firstname.lastname@dhs.gov

EASTERN REGIONAL OFFICE

REGIONAL DIRECTOR: TRACY L. RENAUD
ASSOCIATE REGIONAL DIRECTOR: SHELLEY GOODWIN
CHIEF OF STAFF: TIM O’REILLY
70 KIMBALL AVENUE
SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT 05403-6813
PHONE: (802) 660-5000
FAX: (802) 660-5114

NEW YORK CITY DISTRICT OFFICE (NYC)
District Director: Andrea Quarantillo
Chief of Staff: Michael Borgen
New York City Field Office Directors: Gwynne MacPherson & Dennis Bunce
26 Federal Plaza
New York City, NY 10278-0127
Phone: (212) 264-3972
Fax: (212) 264-4146

GARDEN CITY FIELD OFFICE (GCU)
Acting Field Office Director: Sham Chin-Gee
711 Stewart Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Phone: (516) 228-9250
Fax: (516) 228-9264

NEW JERSEY DISTRICT OFFICE (NEW)
District Director: John E. Thompson
Chief of Staff: Russell Owen
Field Office Director: Kimberly Zanotti
970 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102-2506
Phone: (973) 639-6899
Fax: (973) 645-2304

Another curious question. When USCIS calls, do you see a caller id or does it come in as 'Restricted' ?

It is from my local office and 'Restricted". Anyway I know the phone number for the person who is going to interview me and the supervisor so 'Restriction" make no different to me.