Immigrate to the UK

SHAMAL

Registered Users (C)
After getting frustrated with the GC process (EB1 India) with no end in sight, I am seriously considering the UK for immigration. If you qualify for HSMP and get a job - stay there for 4 years pay taxes and get your UK GC. After one more year you can apply for citizenship. And, there is no retrogression in UK!

After all they enjoyed our country for 200 years, it is our turn now.

how come you are frustrated with GC process being EB1??....from what i know EB1 got retrogressed just this month??....and before this 80% of people used to complete the whole process in 2 years...

infact for EB1 there is much more hopes than for any other category...i am expecting things to move quickly for EB1 and it will still take 3 years to get GC(it takes 45-90 days for I-140, rest for I-485)

Dont give up hope

SHAMAL,

Dont give up hope that easily. Since your EB1, your case will go thru quicker than most folks here.
Overall the US systems is better than the UK system. They are more accepting of us here than in UK.
I dont know how the economy will hold up here . Over the long run it may be better in Europe due to EU.

MDGUTS

hsmp

What is hsmp?

I want to move from Canada to Uk to live with my boyfriend and to work but it seems we need to get married as our only option...does anyone have any advice for us?