Immigrants that were asked to follow-up with the health department in the US after CP - please respo

memygc

Registered Users (C)
We got an immigrant visa through consular processing for myself and my wife.
For my wife, the visa has a stamp that says - "Class A or Class B(T) - Attention required at POE by USPHS (US Public Health Services)".
My wife has been classified as Class B2 - Inactive TB.
I would like to hear from people who have faced similar situations as to what do we need to do in the US.
-Were you asked for follow-up in the US?
-Were you granted the GC (stamp on the passport at POE) or you were granted that only later when you were done with meeting a US Health official?
-Who do you have to follow-up with in the US? How long does it take to get the appointment with them?
-Did you have to go through some treatment?

People who have experience in this, or know more about this, please respond.
I will consolidate the responses - This will serve as a help for everybody who is in a similar boat.
Please respond

Bringing to the top

I have not received any responses to this. Can someone please help - I plan to enter the US soon...
Please share your experience?

Also, if you donot have similar experience, maybe these questions you might be able to answer - that would help me a million:
1. Has anybody had a case of \'Inactive TB\' - Class B2? What procedure did you have to follow? Either for I485 or CP, did you have to wait for passport stamping because you had Inactive TB?
2. Does anybody know what is deferred inspection?

Please help guys...

regarding TB treatment by US doctors

Got lots of friends who had to deal with the issue in the US. Different doctors view the problem very differently. Some consider the condition as requiring ~6 months antibiotics and insist on this.

Others believe clear chest X-rays are enough to prove everything is OK. However, if your wife was pregnant or you were trying for pregnancy while undergoing medical exam, absolutely NO x-rays could be taken. It should be done later, after delivery.

My guess if you manage to find a doctor who believes in X-rays thing, you are OK.