Immigrant Visa Quota for Year Ended....

buggleboy1111

Registered Users (C)
The Immigrant Visa for the Employment based Greencard
(EB-1,2,3) will End on Sept 31st 02 for the Fiscal year 2002. So all Unused Visas left over in this Quota will be wasted.

Since the Service Centers are going into Audit from Sept 27th we may not see new Approvals after the Audit Starts till the end of the 2002 fiscal year.

Anyone Getting Approvals from October 1st will be counted aganist the 2003 Quota. We are not sure at this time what the demand would for next year for heavy Demand Countries like India , China ...... Let hope the Priority dates will remain Current and our 485's will get approved without being backlogged for lack of Immigrant Visas which change every month and published by DOS.

Let's Keep our Fingers Crossed and Hope for the best in Fiscal 2003!!!

I don't understand.
Are you saying 485 cases will not be processed after Sept 27th?
I thought we are assigned a immigrant visa when out I140 is approved. and 485 is just ajustment of status.
Can you pls clarify.
Thx.

hey bud..u have scared the hell

out of me..I know they have some audit,etc,and that processing slows,but what is this quota stuff??please explain..
thanks man
Jack

Hey Jack,

What is this audit stuff?
Do all centers do it or is it only NSC specific?
How long does it go on?
BTW On rupnet it looks like there were just 2 approvals for NSC and 8 for VSC.
Thanks.

sk

Please don't post bogus information on a discussion board like this.
Visa quotas are defined at the I-140 stage of the permanent resident process and will NOT affect, in any way, the processing of I-485's.

Marc.

This is an yearly audit and is standard for all the regions. How ever your message is confusing and misleading. I am not to sure if you are aware of S2045 bill which was approved in senate. This bill allows unused green cards by country's where the demand is less to be used for country's with high demand. This is done on quarterly basis. Though audit process may delay approvals for a brief perioud of time, It does not stop approvals completely. Even if priority dates were to go back, I am sure it would not go back for a long perioud of time. Even if priority date were to go back it would be only for India and China as these 2 country's have high demand,

sk446,Marc Lavoie
As far as I know, during I-140 process an Individual's qualification and company status is verified. There is a quota of 13% for each country each year. India and china consumed all the avilable 13% within couple of months and hence the back log for these 2 country's and hence the priority dates were an issue. With 2045 bill all the unused quota from the rest of the world can now be used for the country's with high demand on quarterly basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking my lawyer

I was scared with the first message on this NODE

Marc,sk and bp....

I am asking my lawyer about this..will let you know what I hear from them...

thanks for all the info folks..

I am scared shitless too.. :(
have no clue what u all are talking abt..I just remember reading abt the audit on the aila or some similar web sites,LAST YEAR,oct 2001.but I have NO clue abt these immigrant visa nos.etc.
can someone (though bopp u did an awesome job man)
PLEASE clarify!!!!
thanks
cheers
JAck

bopp3 thanks for sharing some info on audits. I too feel 485 proccessing is not dependent on avaliblility of immigrant visas.

OK Let me try and uncomplicate some of the discussions in this thread

I-140 is application for immigrant worker. Approval of an I-140 does not mean you have been granted an immigrant status. You are still a non-immigrant and continue to be so till your I-485 is approved except for the waiting period between approval of 485 and application for 485- Adjustment which you do not need to have a status. You are automatically under adjustment of status.
Having said that
You can only apply for I-485 adjustment of status if you have an approved I-140 AND " The category you adjusting under has visas available for that fiscal year". When the number of visas under a category are all issued before the end of the year the category is backlogged and priority date comes into the picture since now the category is not current and people in that category have to wait till visa numbers become available under that category. (Family based categories)
Employment based categories are all current right now for India and all other countries. So until they run out of numbers soon a new fiscal year means a new batch of visa numbers and less chances of a category oversubscribing

Donot Worry Folks !!

Immigrant Visa Quota matters for EB1/2/3 and based on the Total Available Quota Numbers no country can use more than 7% of the Total Available Number in the Quota for EB Category.

In Order for a 485 to be approved the Immigrant Visa Number should be a available. Any Unused or Left over Immigrant Visas in the Current year will not be transfered to the Next year or will be wasted.

All Service Centers are starting Audit these Days and should be back to normal in 7 -14 Days during this periods approvals will slow down to a trickle!!

Marc,
I think it would be wise to think twice before quoting someone's information as bogus , I will challenge you to say which of this message posted is bogus.........

Originally posted by Marc Lavoie
Please don't post bogus information on a discussion board like this.
Visa quotas are defined at the I-140 stage of the permanent resident process and will NOT affect, in any way, the processing of I-485's.

Marc.

buggleboy,

Here's your bogus quote:

"Since the Service Centers are going into Audit from Sept 27th we may not see new Approvals after the Audit Starts till the end of the 2002 fiscal year"

Why is it bogus?
Because the way you quoted it in your post you make people believe that we won't see any I-485 approvals until the end of 2002.
The above paraghaph refers to "end of 2002 fiscal year" which for the INS ends today (09/30/02). So that means that the processing would re-start tomorrow.

I'm not saying that you had the intention to mislead the people here.
I just think that we should not raise concerns that really do not exist.

The truth is that NSC is processing Aug/2001 RDs at a fairly decent pace which means that we should clearly have an idea when we should get our approvals.

I believe that we should start seeing Sept/2001 RD approvals starting next week.

Hang in there, folks!!

And share all the good news.

Marc

Marc,
Why are you picking and choosing words in complete message and quoting them , I don't know what you can't understand in the Whole Message. After the Audit started the Approvals have slowed down and there is only working day (Sept 30th) left in the INS Fiscal Year........ Does this also look untrue to you...

If Yes ....... I don't think there is much I can do to educate you further and I don't think people here are in a make believe world.

Originally posted by Marc Lavoie
buggleboy,

Here's your bogus quote:

"Since the Service Centers are going into Audit from Sept 27th we may not see new Approvals after the Audit Starts till the end of the 2002 fiscal year"

Why is it bogus?
Because the way you quoted it in your post you make people believe that we won't see any I-485 approvals until the end of 2002.
The above paraghaph refers to "end of 2002 fiscal year" which for the INS ends today (09/30/02). So that means that the processing would re-start tomorrow.

I'm not saying that you had the intention to mislead the people here.
I just think that we should not raise concerns that really do not exist.

The truth is that NSC is processing Aug/2001 RDs at a fairly decent pace which means that we should clearly have an idea when we should get our approvals.

I believe that we should start seeing Sept/2001 RD approvals starting next week.

Hang in there, folks!!

And share all the good news.

Marc

buggleboy,

Again, the only thing I'm asking for is for people to NOT post misleading messages. The green card process is already very lenghty and demands a lot of patience from all of us.

Bottom line, NSC is taking 12 months from ND to approve I-485s.
This is the only truth.

I hope your approval comes soon.

Marc L.

<end of discussion>

I agree that we need to be careful about the posts we make. There are a lot of people who are taking for granted the posts they see (despite the disclaimer) and this can lead to unnecessary panic. Please be conservative in the statements posted or at least qualify them (ie: if you are not reasonably sure then say so in the post).
With regard to the Audit, what I have heard is that during the period of the Audit, files within the INS will not be moved around the organization,but this does not mean that adjudication will come to a stop. If an IIO officer has the necessary info they should continue with adjudication. My GUESS is that obtaining new information by the officer (for eg: obtaining a file that they do not already have) may be put on hold during the Audit . Again this is what I have heard..but it sounds reasonable.:confused:

:D

Clarification

I want to clarify any misunderstandings happened under this posting.
The term FISCAL YEAR is used when the year ends any date other than December 31.
If the year ends on December 31 then its called CALENDER YEAR.
All of us know that INS fiscal year ends on September 30th. Normally during the INS fiscal year end auditing time the processing will be slow.