Immigr changes for I-485 after 1/1/2008?!

safro

Registered Users (C)
I was assembling&filling papers for AOS I-485, I-130 etc.

The immigration attorney said "Immigration changes might be coming shortly You have to act now." and
"you must submit before New Year".

Is this true?

I was assembling&filling papers for AOS I-485, I-130 etc.

The immigration attorney said "Immigration changes might be coming shortly You have to act now." and
"you must submit before New Year".

Is this true?

I read an immigration website ,I can't remember the website but it said that on 1/1/2008 prices may rise from $100.00 to $130.00...

I'll try to find the website

Last edited by a moderator:
this is all i could find:

Consular Visa Fees to Increase in January 2008

Consular immigrant and nonimmigrant visa fees will increase in January 2008, according to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

AILA learned that as early as this week the Department of State (DOS) will publish the fee increases in the Federal Register with an effective date of Jan. 1, 2008. Nonimmigrant visa fees reportedly will rise from $100 to $131 and immigrant visa fees will go up by $20.

Some pre-paid visa fees may be grandfathered, but the details will not be known until they appear in the Federal Register notice.

AILA says the increase and its suddenness result from the FBI’s success in obtaining approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to charge DOS almost $20 per fingerprint for records clearance. Other justifications for the $31 nonimmigrant visa fee increase include the costs of systems that have already been in place.

this is all i could find:

Consular Visa Fees to Increase in January 2008

Consular immigrant and nonimmigrant visa fees will increase in January 2008, according to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

AILA learned that as early as this week the Department of State (DOS) will publish the fee increases in the Federal Register with an effective date of Jan. 1, 2008. Nonimmigrant visa fees reportedly will rise from $100 to $131 and immigrant visa fees will go up by $20.

Some pre-paid visa fees may be grandfathered, but the details will not be known until they appear in the Federal Register notice.

AILA says the increase and its suddenness result from the FBI’s success in obtaining approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to charge DOS almost $20 per fingerprint for records clearance. Other justifications for the $31 nonimmigrant visa fee increase include the costs of systems that have already been in place.

go to www.travel.state.gov Click on Visa at the top. Then click on Diversity(DV) Lottery Instructions. Under the heading "We want you to know" click on "Fees for Visa Services)