Immediate passport

qazxsw

Registered Users (C)
Is there any same day passport service available? I have will have to leave for soon after receiving citizenship. How fast can I get PIO or OCI after sending the uS passport. when do i need to surrender my Indian passport?

Thank you!

You can get a US passport in 1-2 days if you make an appointment at a local passport agency and provide proof of urgency (i.e. a air ticket).

Complete process for PIO takes 1-3 weeks, OCI can take 4-6 weeks depending on the consulate workload. US passport is not required to be sent to Indian mission for a PIO card. For OCI you will need to send your US passport and it takes 2-7 days to get your passport back with OCI visa. You can send your Indian passport along with US passport for cancelation and it will be returned to you with OCI.

If you are traveling to India you are better off getting a indian visa which is usually available the same day if you personally apply.

Thanks nkm-oct23,

You mean I can apply now for PIO card with my Indian passport and travel to India wit that when I get my US passport?

I am not in a region where I can go personally for the Indian passport. I am in Miami.

I think there are some private companies that can do the one or two day passport. Some people posted links long time back when there were real passport delays. I guess a Google search could give you some companies, or perhaps you can do a search in the forum or see if someone has the information and posts it.

Thanks nkm-oct23,

You mean I can apply now for PIO card with my Indian passport and travel to India wit that when I get my US passport?

I am not in a region where I can go personally for the Indian passport. I am in Miami.

No, you cannot apply for PIO card without a US passport. Indian passport has no relevance here for PIO or OCI.
You cannot travel to India with your Indian passport after you become a US citizen.

nkm-oct23

Then I will have to wait for 1-3 weeks to get the PIO card after getting US passport to travel to India?

where are the walking visa services available?

Then I will have to wait for 1-3 weeks to get the PIO card after getting US passport to travel to India? YES

where are the walking visa services available? Travisa is the agency handling all Indian visas. Check out indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com

nkm-oct23

Then I will have to wait for 1-3 weeks to get the PIO card after getting US passport to travel to India?

where are the walking visa services available?

If this is for a serious illness issue,, u can try the TLF or TLP, I suppose.

As you see from my timeline I got my citizenship on 7/31 and ready to travel by 8/5 (2 week-end days in between)
I took the appt. at Passport Agency free of cost 14 days ahead for 8/3 and they gave me passport next day 8/4 and I applied for Indian Visa on 8/5 and received on same day and ready for my travel on 8/7

You need to have Confirmed Tickets for travel in next 14 days to apply at Passport Agency (Travel department's Office - no need to pay anything extra to get passport except $60 Expedite service fee)

shopfree4pc

How did you get indian visa the same day? I an in Miami and tehre is no inian consulate here.

I went to New York Travisa Outsourcing office and dropped the application there and waited till evening to pick it up...

If we can know your dates - interview, Is it same day oath and intended travel dates - may be we can come up with a plan or see if it is possible at all to get all needed...you might have to travel to Houston, TX to complete everything in 3 days etc., with impending confirmed travel

shopfree4pc

How did you get indian visa the same day? I an in Miami and tehre is no inian consulate here.

i need paid ticket or just confirmed ticket without paid for booking.

Hello,

i need paid ticket or just confirmed ticket without paid for booking.then purchase ticket after passport receive.They will check that i purchase ticket from airline?

please advice me.

As you see from my timeline I got my citizenship on 7/31 and ready to travel by 8/5 (2 week-end days in between)
I took the appt. at Passport Agency free of cost 14 days ahead for 8/3 and they gave me passport next day 8/4 and I applied for Indian Visa on 8/5 and received on same day and ready for my travel on 8/7

You need to have Confirmed Tickets for travel in next 14 days to apply at Passport Agency (Travel department's Office - no need to pay anything extra to get passport except $60 Expedite service fee)

Hello,

i need paid ticket or just confirmed ticket without paid for booking.then purchase ticket after passport receive.They will check that i purchase ticket from airline?

Usually they require an airline generated itinerary, not ticket. You can purchase after you get the visa/passport.