Immediate Help/Advise needed..TO Travel Abroad

murphy_h1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Please help me in what I need to do!

I485-RD 7/29/03
VSC-

NO EAD, No FP, No AP as yet.

Spouse need to travel abroad(India) on an Emergency!

What do I need to do to obtain the ap and what are the formalities?

Would there be any probs?

The proposed trip is intended for 2-3 weeks, that's it!

Pl Pl advise ASAP

Murphy

What weird questions you people ask.
Its an emergency, OK.
But do you know it takes 4-5 months at VSC to process AP.?
How can you meet emergencies without planning.
Come to senses.

What about her H4?

Hi murphy_h1,

Is your wife's H4 still valid? If it is she can use that to re-enter the US.

If she doesn't have a H4...

Alternatively, (you can apply for her AP, if you haven't and) she can go to India. Later, you can mail her the original AP once you receive it. But, she has to stay in India until she gets her AP. This might be a little risky option. Consult your lawyer to know further about this option.

Gurus what do you think?

BTW, munnabhai02 - if you can't help someone don't make fun of their sorrows. If you can't contribute postively, refrain from answering just what you feel.

You cannot expect AP in a couple of weeks. You may get it in a month if you are lucky. If you applied for AP the same time you applied for your I-485 on 7/29/03 you may (just MAY) get it before the end of this month. Will this meet your "Emergency" needs?

However, if your are on H-1B and your spouse on H-4. You both can travel without AP.

Call BCIS's 1800 number to find out.

Originally posted by murphy_h1
Hi,
Please help me in what I need to do!

I485-RD 7/29/03
VSC-

NO EAD, No FP, No AP as yet.

Spouse need to travel abroad(India) on an Emergency!

What do I need to do to obtain the ap and what are the formalities?

Would there be any probs?

The proposed trip is intended for 2-3 weeks, that's it!

Pl Pl advise ASAP

Murphy

RE:Getting AP

Depending on where you live, you can get the AP and EAD from your local INS(not the service center), if you have the I485 receipt.

Boston INS allows that. It takes minimum one day to get the AP and EAD.

But check with your immigration Attorney and the local INS about this.

Raj

Disclaimer : I am not a lawyer. You should consult the proper authorities.

If you are applying for AP send the application to the local BCIS office and not to the service center where ur 485 is pending.
The normal processing time at most regional centers for AP is 30-60 days.

Thanks Guys, for advising!
I have applied for AP along with 485
My spouse H4 is valid thro Mid 2004, guess we can use the same at this point of time.

Munnabai- Thanks for your comments-I guess, guys like you can never understand the value of forum and the valued inputs one can get out of it -leave alone your immature thinking of the emergency situations- and your talk about other's senses!!!!

HI Murphy_h1

You can go to local BCIS office and apply for emergency AP. You need your 485 notice copy and a letter from India explaining the type of emergency. If the IIo at local office consider it an emergency he will issue an emergency AP within a weeks time Valid for 30 days. I got like that in June 03 from Tampa. My grand mother was very ill and I used a Docter's letter from India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by murphy_h1
Thanks Guys, for advising!
I have applied for AP along with 485
My spouse H4 is valid thro Mid 2004, guess we can use the same at this point of time.

Don't worry, she can use H4 to reenter US. As she didn't use EAD to work, she don't need AP.