• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I'm not legally separated from my husband. I did not change my name when I was in the marriage and I want to apply for Visa lottery.

Detutu

Good day,

I was married but now live separately from my husband for about 4 years and not legally separated. Though, the divorce process is on going now.

When I was in the marriage I did not changed my name to my husband name because of the stress of changing it. So till now I'm still using my maiden name. Meaning all my documents and identification cards are in my maiden name.

Now I want to apply for American visa lottery. I want to know what to select under the section of marital status.

Is it unmarried, married, or legally separated? I know it cannot be divorced. Kindly help with and answer.

It's urgent please.

You can only truthfully select “MARRIED” for ad long as you’re not legally separated or divorced from him.

You can only truthfully select “MARRIED” for ad long as you’re not legally separated or divorced from him.
Thanks for the reply.

But what of my name that I didn't change initially?

Should I still select married?

The name you go by has no bearing on your marital status. You’re required to select MARRIED if you’re married regardless of if you use your spouse’s last name or not.