I'm looking for an American who has immigrated to Canada.

Flugangst

As the title says, I am looking for someone, an American to be more precise, who has done and has gone though what I am wanting to do.

I want to go to live in Canada, and be with my fiance. He is the reason why I want to immigrate to Canada. (I live in the USA, by the way.) He has a house, and a good paying job, and he'd be the one who would be supporting me.

I was told that I could stay in Canada until I can file for Canadian Citizenship (After three years of living in Canada, if I remember correctly.) while being on a Temporary Visitor's Visa, as long as I am working or going to school, and so long as I extend my Visa, seeing as I can extend it as many times as I want. So, my idea was to go to Canada, work my butt of, and continue to extend my Visa for the 3 years and then apply for citizenship. I was told that I could, without any doubts, LEGALLY do this. IS THIS TRUE?

She said that first before doing anything else, I need to get a Canadian Work Permit. Then fill in apps online, in person, etc, etc. Now, would I be able to do this while in Canada? Or would this have to be something I'd have to do, back here at home in the U.S? Would the Border Customs allow me to enter Canada, as long as I showed them that I was planning on working once I got to Canada? No one seems to be able to answer these questions for me, therefore, I am totally lost about this.

I need someone to tell me the steps I have to go through in order for this to happen.

Cannot be further than the truth!!! You need to obtain permanent residency in Canada to live there on a permanent basis.

I was told that I could stay in Canada until I can file for Canadian Citizenship (After three years of living in Canada, if I remember correctly.) while being on a Temporary Visitor's Visa, as long as I am working or going to school, and so long as I extend my Visa, seeing as I can extend it as many times as I want. So, my idea was to go to Canada, work my butt of, and continue to extend my Visa for the 3 years and then apply for citizenship. I was told that I could, without any doubts, LEGALLY do this. IS THIS TRUE?