I'm doomed.....

gatoradenz

Registered Users (C)
:eek: Long story short....... I am about to file for adjustment of status end of Jan/beginning of Feb, my husband is a full time student and doesnt meet the income requirements....I have had two sponsors pull out and have had a third person offer to be my sponsor, we've been waiting for a loan to pay for all my immigration costs which seem to keep going up and up.... PROBLEM now is that my joint sponsor goes into hospital next month for an undetermined amount of time and might not be able to sponsor me after all......... WHAT DO I DO NOW!!! Any ideas however big or small they may seem would be appreciated, I"m about to have a nervous breakdown and thats no lie. I've rung immigration... they told me I am considered non status as I entered the country legally and I am legally married to a US citizen...however.... I cant go anywhere or do anything..... to make things worse we live in a small town and dont know anybody else, including family that would be willing to joint sponsor me... Am I doomed??? :confused: :(

You are in big trouble. You may be out of status. Talk to your lawyer and see what he has to say ASAP.....

Try non-profit organizations

All that I can think of is how about you contacting a non-profit organization that helps immigrants with immigration issues. They will be able to assist you. You can find these organizations in the web ( google it).
All the best!

I dont have a lawyer, and I cant afford one either, we've had to get a loan from the bank just to pay all the filing fees. According to Immigration last week when I rang, they said I am considered 'Out of Status' but they are not concerned as I entered legally and married legally. I just need to find a joint sponsor that isnt going to let me down!!!!! :confused: :mad: