I'm done :D

Hi Dani....the only things I took with me to the oath ceremony was my green card and the oath letter.

The Immigration officers first looked at the letter when I was in line outside the theatre and also checked the back of the letter. Once we were inside the theatre, the IO took the green card from me. They also asked if you have a re-entry permit, to hand it in to them as well.

To Futurecitizen....

The guy in front of me in line outside the theatre had gone out of the country (for the time between the interview and oath dates) and he mentioned it to the IO and the only thing the IO asked him was how long he was out of the country. I think he mentioned 2 weeks or something like that and the IO marked the back of the oath letter with the info mentioned. I didn't see the IO ask for passport or anything.

I think if you go out of the country, it might be a good idea to bring your passport just in case the IO asks for it.

Hope this helps :)

what if i went outside the country.? Its natural if the time between your interview and oath is more than a year or so, you may have gone out of the country, change job, something something etc etc.
Do I have to bring all the proof for those? or can I just explain them what I was doin?

No Idea!

But, it took me 14 months from PD to oath ceremony (if I remember correctly). And that was for a completely smooth process (other than the USCIS screwing things up). The last thing I wanted to have happen was to get turned away at my oath ceremony (which I've heard can happen). Had I answered yes to any of those questions, I would have come with enough proof to make sure that they weren't going to delay me again.

First of all congrats happygal!!!.

my question is ;

what if i went outside the country.? Its natural if the time between your interview and oath is more than a year or so, you may have gone out of the country, change job, something something etc etc.
Do I have to bring all the proof for those? or can I just explain them what I was doin?

I was out of the country for about 3 weeks between the Interview and Oath. At the door IO asked me about it as I had checked Yes for it. I told him how log an he just noted that on my letter and that is it. I had brought my e-ticket copy and passport just in case but no one askef for either and that is all. Very smooth process they had almost 500 people and only 2 hours to get through so they will not be going into details too much.

The two times I've watched/participated in oath ceremonies, I did not see anything to suggest USCIS officers had access to people's A files, so I doubt they do much more than ask a question or two about travel. I suppose if something potentially serious comes to light, they could always bounce the candidate until further investigation was complete - but from what I've seem, it doesn't happen often.