Illegal student applying to college in texas

raymar2006

hello, i'll make this simple,
my parents brought me to the US the i was younger (6th grade), i am now a senior and i willl be applying for college this upcoming fall, however there is a problem, i live illegally in the US, i have a 10 year travel visa which still hasn't expired, however i do not have a Social Security Number. I have an ITIN number through which my parents pay my taxes. I have not acquired a green card because both of my parents are residents and are waiting to become citizens in order to make the process faster.
Since i am not eligible to apply for FAFSA, can i still get financial aid from the colleges i apply?
Am i eligible to pay in-state tuition in my situation (Texas)
Also, do you recommend filling out the SS# on the applications with my ITIN number?
I have studied at US schools since sixth grade, and i will graduate from a texas high school in the top 10 students of my class (i am currently ranked 2nd in my class), i have good grades, high gpa, i am very involved in extracurricular activities and i am in the International Baccalaureate program for those of you who know what that is.

Thank you for reading this, and i will truly appreciate any help from you guys.

If you leave the US before your 18th birthday, you will be considered to never have been in the US illegally. You may then reenter on a valid visa. Even within 180 days after 18th birthday does not accrue any ban from reentry.

I suggest that you consider that approach because at this time a US college education for an illegal alien is useless as they can not now work legally in the US following graduation.

my residency application will be in process by the middle of my freshman year

That will not be an issue since my dad already submitted his citizen application, and according to our lawyer, he will officially be a citizen before the end of this year. Than being said, my application for residency will be filled out in the beginning of my freshman year, the real problem here is that i will not be legal at the time of application. I will gain my residence by the end of my freshman year according to our lawyer.

Can you defer a year before starting school? You can try sites like fastweb.com for scholarship. As far as in-state tuition, ask the financial aid office for clarification.

I know Ohio allows in-state tuition if you live in the state and work for a year or more, or are using income earned in Ohio to pay for your tuition (your dad's salary). But I don't know if Texas has similar rule. Your school should be able to answer that one easy enough.

I don't think you are eligible for FAFSA based on the information you gave.