IIO refused talking with us because we contacted congress woman

Liping

Registered Users (C)
Our I-485s were filed April 3, 2001. RD is 4/3/2001 and ND is 4/18/2001. I saw many cases filed after us have already approved but neither we nor our lawyer received any finger printing notice so far. We tried calling NSC server times but it doesn\'t work. Two weeks ago, we called the local office of congress woman of our district. Yesterday, a lady from the congress woman\'s office told us that our cases are pending because NSC is waiting for our finger printing result from FBI ! What a surprise! We never receive any finger printing notice from NSC nor did any finger printing, how can NSC be waiting for our finger printing result!

This morning, we tried talking to an IIO regarding this finger printing issue but he told us that they no long directly talk to us since a congressional office has involved.

What can I do now? Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.

Talk to congress man again

This might be a good news. As NSC has acknowledged that Congress man office has made an enquiry on your behalf, they will review your case and will issue an FP notice soon.

Ask your congressman to make query again.

As far as regarding "Waiting for FBI response" note on your file, it is a standard note which they put on all cases before they are assigned to an officer.

Achiever

Thank you. I will call the congress woman office again.

Achiever,

Thank you for the reply. I will call the congress woman office again. One more question: Is the IIO\'s response to our calling right?

I think IIO was cautious

As now Congress man is involved, IIO does not want to give stupid answer(Which usually they give most of the time).

I wouldn\'t worry too much about what IIO said. Also instead you calling INS,let congressman\'s office do all the work. I think Congressman will be able to help you.

Achiever

Thanks. I will post any progress here

Achiever

Thank you. If I hear any thing from the congress woman\'s office, I will let you know.

We called the congress woman\'s office regarding our FP issue.

We called the congress woman\'s office regarding our FP issue and a lady from this office are taking care our cases. She has already called NSC at least once.

Agreed, you\'ll better let congresswomen\'s office staff to get this done for you

Liping,

Just inform her with your side of the story (the only correct edition, of course :)). So she\'ll have the information to proceed.

I believe it\'s also a good idea to communicate in writing, so you\'ll have a solid proof; just in case. Know some seemingly hopeless cases which were succesfully resolved through mailing exchange with Congressmen office. 2 cycles look pretty normal.

Congressmen\' office acts as your representative here. Instead of your laywer. That\'s why often laywers are not overly happy about this course of actions. ;)

Thank you for the advices.

Alan,

Thank you for the advices. I will send a letter to the congress woman to tell her my story again.

Actually we sent emails to our lawyer regarding our FP issue before we called the office of congress woman. But she doesn\'t want to take any action before April. She is hired by our sponsor company and has already got full payment for our cases. It is useless to push her to take action on behalf of us. She may feel relief if she knows we called congress woman because we are bothering others instead of her. ;)

Caution - don\'t push _too_ hard

Liping,

Just be careful; don\'t overdo in terms of \'too early\' or \'too aggressively\'.

One pushy applicant (whom I know) was overly active. So all of a sudden INS simply lost his papers. He ended up doing some extra work together with his laywer to 1) discover this and 2) restore his papers. (No evidence that his behavior actually caused the loss, of course. Whatsoever. But, who knows...)

Same Reply From IIO..(3/19/02)

Hi,
Today, I talke to IIO and she just asked the number and asked when you
contacted last time my answer was two week ago..Then she said since
congressional officer are talking to us in your case we can not tell anything
about your case we can tell to them. Then I said Thanks Very Much !!!
Accroding Senator Office that My case is in Transit State...
Anybody know how long it will take to approve..//

Get FP notice this Monday

One week after an IIO refused to talk with us, we got the FP notices from NSC. FP are schedulded at 4/10. Actually I got two FP notices for the same day but different time(one is scheduled at 10:00 AM and another at 11:00). I tried to call the assigned INS finger printing center to ask when I should go there but I couldn\'t find the phone number on the phone book. Again, INS hot line refused to give me the phone number.

For verifying my FP scheduled time, my husband went the FP center today. To my suprise, he got his FP done today.

RD 04/04 ND 04/20 Waiting for FP...

Do you think seeking help from local congressman would help us expediting the process.
   BTW, I spoke to my attorney and according to them they tried to contact IIO and the reply they got from them was "they were waiting for I140 to be merged with I485 case". I\'m not sure what this means nethier my lawyer. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

vbhoop1, Did your lawyer say when they will move on your case?

Vbhoop1,

When I called NSC last week they told me the same thing that they are waiting to make a connection between my I485 & I140 application.

You seems to have got same reply as mine. Did your lawyer told you how long will it take to make a connection?

Achiever

Congress person office no help

My RD is Oct-6-2000, I spoke to congrees man office and got a replay back from them after 2 months that NSC is currently working on cases back to April 2000. They (Congress man office) refuse to work further on my case. Anyone has any idea who should I approch next for help?

Question for Atish.

Which Congressman you contacted ? and Your I-140 Approval for CP ?
and FP date ? did you talk to IIO and what was told by IIO your case in which stage..
I am sure they have windows of May-2000 to Feb\'02...//
Right now they are accessing the pending case around 10/01/00 and Before FP expire
they have to open the case and send some ref /iind FP notice....//

TiredOf485, If you are asking me...

No my I140 was filed at NSC & it is filed for Adjustment of Status & not for CP. My I485 is filed at NSC too. All my GC processing has been done in NSC.

Achiever

NOPE

No, they had no clue. They told me that they would call IIO again sometime early next week to check on my status. My case has always been with NSC.When u spoke with IIO, did they tell you what it means and how long would it take. Are u from Detroit?