IGTE folks, PLease post if you have received Notice for Proactive I-140

No Title

My I140 redo has been approved. have started a new discussion with the details of my RD/ND.

xyz

No Title

got a photocopy of amended I-140 receipt from LD

so exact dates are

amended I-140 was sent to VSC on April 17, 2001 (I guess directly from LD, not through lawyers)

RD = April 18, 2001 (so it was smth like FedEx overnight)

ND = May 10, 2001

receipt was received back from VSC by LD on May 17, 2001

============

also I just called VSC again and tried to figure out whether case was put on hold or not...

I asked direct question about this (I asked 2 times today)

the answer from IIO was (certainly take it with some amount of salt :)) - "no, your case was not put on hold, the only situation when case can be put on hold is non-availability of visa"...

No Title

Hi all fellow IGATErs,

Just spoke to a very polite IIO ( Joyce or something like that).
-------------
IIO: How may I help you?
Myself: Hi, How are you doing today.
IIO: I am doing well, how about yourself?

Myself: I am doing good. My employer informs me that an amended I-140 application was filed on my behalf. I just wanted to make sure that it is linked with my I-485 application.

IIO: Can I have your A# please.
Myself: Gave her the A# and my name.
IIO: Yes it is linked. Both your I-140 and I-485 applications are with the same officer as of May 09.

Myself: Thank you very much and you have a nice day.
IIO: You too.

------------
Incidentally my RFE papers were also received on the same day by VSC.

Moral of the story:

1. Our I-140 applications seem to be automatically linked.

2. It is a good sign that both the I-140 & I-485 applications are with the same officer. Eventhough VSC has put I-140 applications on the backburner, I think they are assigning the amended I-140s to the same officer that is handling the I-485 files. This should speed up the approval process. GCNOHOPE\'s approval is also explained by this procedure that VSC seems to be following.

3. Pray hard for Good Luck in getting to a good IIO. I never had to probe the IIO questioningly since she volunteered all the info. Also, it does not hurt to exchange the customary pleasantries when beginning the conversation. They might just come up with more info than you bargained for as happened in my case.

Good Luck all of you. I think the "I(Immigration)GATE" will soon open up for us.

I am hoping I will hear something very soon.

VSCRD1199