Igaters - Good News For All Of Us

whatthehell

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends, I called IIO for the second time just 10 mts. back within the last three days. I spoke with a very pleasant IIO and she metioned that my file is with an officer and I should hear within the next 2 - 3 weeks. I asked her specifically is my case is on hold and she said it\'s not and no longer. She also told that they received regulations from INS with respect to cases like us and said it will be circulated to the officers by tomorrow or by Monday. I asked her to check to see whether my amended I-140 is linked to my I-485 or not. She told me that it\'s no longer required. Again I asked her specifically is she talking about amended I-140 and she said YES. Please note that statement and she herself told me that your company changed the name right! and told me "oh boy! they filed a plenty of them". I verified with her one more time that my case is no longer on hold and she confirmed the same and she told me one more time to wait for another 2-3 weeks and I should be done by that time. Friends, cheer up and all our IGTE cases are no longer on hold. We all should hear a lot of approvals very soon.

No Title

That was really a good news. I have been trying to talk to them for more than one hour to check this info. Thank you guys and best of luck.

No Title

I am not from igate but I appreciate ur post, i have been waiting for
somebody to narrate what IIO informed on Hold cases - thanks

No Title

This should be true for all the so called "company name change hold cases". Good luck to you all. We all have come so far... and I don\'t mind waiting for an other 2-3 weeks time.

No Title

When the case is with an officer (assigned) does it really takes 2-3 weeks time or it could be earlier than that too!!! Please, suggest.

No Title

whatthehell..

that was reall good news...thanks a lot buddy for putting all the patience and time to verify... god almighty wud have heard all our pressure tension phobias for sure!!!

No Title

Thanks so much for the latest update. This may sound like a stupid question but I\'m desperately in need for reassurance. Does it mean that all cases where the company\'s name has changed will be removed from the hold status and be processed soon ?

Thanks and good luck to all of you.

No Title

Thanks a lot whatthehell. This is really good news. IIOs says 2-3 weeks because an officer has about 30 days time to take a decision (or sent a RFE) once case is assigned to them. It usually is much faster and will depend on individual officers.

No Title

It should be. I did not ask in general. I am sure INS will follow the same rules for all such cases. When she said they received regulations with respect to cases like mine(IGATE), which is nothing but the simple company name change, I am sure it will/should address all similar cases and should not be specific to any particular company. Cheer up and wish you good luck. Keep us posted if you call INS and get any info. with respect to this new memo.

No Title

Thanks vsc9909. I can\'t take it any more. As you know, like so many other 485 waiters, my total I-485 processing days has gone to 641 as of today. Atleast, today\'s reply from IIO has really boosted my spirit and moral. Hoping for the best ans wish you the same.

No Title

whatthehell, That is a great news. Thanks for finding out these details and sharing with all of us. cheers.

No Title

I\'m not from IGATE, my 485 is on hold because of company name change,
what I noticed is that they removed the hold at this point for 485 filed in 8/99, 9/99, maybe 10/99,
I haven\'t seen anyone with ND later than that, posting that 485 hold has been removed,
my ND is 2/00, called today and was told that my 485 is still on hold...

Any comments ?

Thanks

No Title

you know what... my case was assigned to an officer on June 14 and on June 21 this @)#*$&)!@# made a decision to transfer my case to local office... sometimes they are pretty quick...

No Title

Neither all the cases nor all the IIO\'s are alike. It\'s bad that your case got transferred to pittsburgh and I wish everything works out for you.