Igaters - Any Thoughts On This

whatthehell

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends, my impatience made me to call IIO this morning and I was told that my file is with an officer since June 19th (I was told the same when I called the IIO on last Thursday). IIO also told me that since, almost all of the preliminary/other processes with respect to my case has already been done, I should hear something within the week or so. No RFE has been issued so far. Hoping for the best. Hang in there! Wishing all my fellow igaters and their families the best. Ofcourse my wishes are with non-igaters too. Did any one called VSC and got the similar kind of a reply. Thanks!!

No Title

whatthehell,

Good you are IIO\'s who dont mind you calling them every week. I was told last week by a rude IIO not to call and wait for a communication from them. Infact I called them after 2 weeks (earlier call on 6/6)

No Title

I got a similar response when I spoke to IIO. My case has been with an officer since 6/19. She did not mention the part where all preliminery processing is complete. SHe told me to check back in 4 weeks.

PD 10/98, I485 ND 9/10/99, FP 8/00, No RFE, IGTE

What are your details Whatthehell?

No Title

Sugreev, mine is similar to yours. ND: Sept, 28,1999. FP on Aug 1st, 2001. Amended I-140 filed on May 4th. No receipt notice yet. No RFE. Waiting....

No Title

Friends, I was informed by IIO that my case is with the Officer from May 10\'th, no more on hold, AI-140 linked to I485. It has been more than a month and I have no clue as what is going on. The IIO would not tell me any definate dates but just this one to two weeks. I am still not sure whether it will be RFE, transfer or ????

No Title

onhold, I believe that VSC might/should have completed the so called preliminary process for all of our Igate cases filed during sept - Dec 99 as well as most of the 2000 cases by this time. I believe this is true for all such cases and hoping that we all will get our GC approved soon.

No Title

gc0999, I believe you will get yours too soon. The one possibility I could think of for the delay in your case is, the INS memo was not out at that time and IIO with whom your case was assigned to just waited for the so called regulations irrespective of your\'s amended I-140 is either filed or approved. Did you call the VSC after June 19th to find out whether your file is with an officer or not. If so, then, I am positive you will get your case approved within the next 2 weeks time. Don\'t loose your hope. Good luck.

No Title

Hey whatthehell, can you some light on the preliminary process ? My RD is 01/00 and still waiting and my case is pending with an officer ?

No Title

Igaters, Hang on all with ND 9/99, 10/99 and 11/99 will be approved by July End or Mid Aug !!!!

PD 12/RD 9/99, ND 10/99, FP 2/01, 2 EADs, Applied for 3rd now.

AD 7/01 ??????????????????????????

This morning around 9:55 AM. I called an IIO at VSC to check status of my I-485 application for the first time as I was really excited to find the status based on some previous posts by some Igaters.

Here is the conversation :

Me : Wanted to check the status of my I-485 application
IIO : Nothing !
Me : My Receipt # is .....Blah, Blah
IIO : Let me check ? Nothing for 2 minutes
Me : Did you find it ?
IIO : Yes your case is with Officer and you should hear something within a month or max. 45 days.
Me : Can you check if there the hold is removed becasue of Company name change ?
IIO : There is no hold !
Me to myself : GREAT (THEY HAVE NOT EVEN LOOKED AT MY AMMENDED I-140 FILED in LATE MAY ???)
Me : Thanks a lot for your time. Bye.
IIO : Nothing !

No Title

May be they check internally all our Birth/Marriage certificates, our status in this country from the day we landed, our LC, I-140, our medical report etc., Since mine was filed back in 99, I think, they would have checked all these info. and put my case on hold due to my company changed the name back in 2000. IIO did not tell me about what these preliminary processes are and I didn\'t ask for that too.

No Title

Khokha, thanks for sharing this info. Hope your wishes come true for all of us. Since our files are with an officer, I too believe we all should either get an RFE or get our cases approved or hear something within the next 10-15 days time.