IGATER-VSCRD1199 FINALLY APPROVED SO SAYS GOOD OL\' AVM:-) I thought I would never get there.

VSCRD1199

Registered Users (C)
Hello Fellow Igaters:

I wanted to share the good news of my approval with you all. Checked AVM ( an activity that has become part of my daily chores) and was pleasantly surprised to hear the sweet words of approval. It took a great deal of time to register since I was about to hang-up thinking it was the usual "On May 9th ..." stuff. I think I like the idea of believing the AVM today but will wait for the courtesy copy to arrive soon.

It has been a long long wait to reach this stage that included going back to home country for 1 year after expiration of previous H1. So, finally I can put all of this behind me and move on with my life. Indeed, I now feel a freshness in the air that I have not felt for the nearly last 5 years. I should have applied in AUG\'99 but confusion with difference in birth date between my passport and birth certificate caused me to apply in November since the Attorneys dragged their feet. I got the Passport Office to change my birth date in my passport with a court order from India after I had applied for I-485. Was very fortunate to get that in time from India ( Cost me some big bucks as Lawyer Fees). All the time was worried that this difference would cost me my GC, but in the end I think the attorney\'s advised me correctly to file with the birth date that was mentioned in my birth certificate and not the one on the passport. I am glad I was able to hang on with what little patience I could muster and sit through the monotonous and nervous wait for today. I think I can go on and on, but I wish all of you who are still waiting to hang on for a few more days. You will all see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. My details are as below:

PD: 09/96
Labor AD: 04/97
I-140 RD 04/97 AD: 06/97
Wait for I-485 until 08/01/99.
I-485 ND: 11/12/99
FP: 03/08/01
RFE: 04/09/01 INS Recvd: 05/09/01
Amended: I-140 applied 04/26/01 ND: 05/24/01 Not Approved according to AVM
I-485: Approved on 07/12/01.

Called IIO twice: once for linking Amended I-140 and the other for following up on AP application. AP was approved the next day after I told them I had to travel soon. Folks, try not Bug these IIOs because they are helpless and are overwhelmed by the number of applicants they have to deal with on a daily basis. Try to limit calls to resolve genuine problems. These people are never able to predict the time it can take because applications seem to be processed by somebody else.

My sincere appreciation and thanks are due to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing this extremely useful Forum for sharing of views and experiences. The smallest and littlest contribution made by anyone on this forum has made the greatest difference in the manner in which I have been able to bear this hardship of waiting forever. So, I encourage all to share whatever information they can share that is not detrimental to their case or privacy. And of course thanks to Deejjjaaaaaaaaa ( Pardon me for taking liberty with your nick name, I feel like doing so today. ) for keeping our spirits up by posting all the wonderful numbers he crunches up on a daily basis now. Thanks are also due to Myladoor for maintaining the wonderful Website that really gives a good insight into what VSC is doing or how random VSC can get. I have updated my entry under name SPEEDUPVSC.

I will stick around for some more time and give my 2 cents worth. Wish you all good luck and will wait to hear your approvals soon.

VSCRD1199

No Title

Congratulations....You have waited a looooooooong time. Celebrate these precious moments with family and friends.

No Title

Thanks akashganga,vsc9909,ccatvsc,kvoora,oct2000 for your kind words. I think you guys will also hear the good news soon. All the best guys.

VSCRD1199