IGATE Surprize - Amended 140 approved ! took 5 months !

ek din aapna bhi aayega

Registered Users (C)
I thought with AC21 they were not processing it ...well looks like they were. I was even told once that it was not required. Well u know INS is
full of surprizes ..hope they approve the 485 now..hope.hope..hope

Mine was filed on May 20 and it got approved about 2 weeks back

I called an IIO and let her know that my 485 and I-140 amendment were linked. Then she said that should could speed up the process for the amendment. Any one waiting can try this out. One question I have is, once the I-140 amendment is approved, do we have to send a copy of the approval notice to the 485 processing unit.
Please reply

Thank you

No Title

Well mine was linked ..after it was filled ..even without giving the eac number for 485 ..she could give me details about it ..so i guess i know it was linked ..

Also i have been observing ..they r processing ND 09/99 to 04/00 ..if u fall in between ..we have hopes as they have reached 02/00 ..yesterday only i had found out mycase was assigned to a officer. well timning for 140 looks good ..as it can avoid oan RFE on paystubs and employment letter...

Well i had been previously told from last month ..its been assigned but yesterday the IIO was .."Matter of today itself" ..on asking when it was assigned to officer. Earlier no one was ready to give a date.

So i guess when they mean "Assigned to a officer " but don\'t give dates when..means its still not assigned and is under review for assigning...

No Title

My amended I140 was approved too. It was filed 04/01. Do I have to call INS and speak with an IIO to link the I485 and amended I140? Or does it happen on its own?

ANybody got I485 approval after the amended i140 approval, recently.

I think It takes 3 weeks once your I140 is cleared

Three of my friends got their I485 approval in three to four weeks from when their ammended I140 was cleared

Amended I140 approved

Correction. I just checked AVM and it says my amended I140 was approved on 8/21. My details:
PD 4/97 RD 8/99 ND 9/99 FP 8/00 Amended I140 ND 4/11/1 I140 AD 8/21/1. RFE for employment + pay mailed on 7/18/1. Response not yet received by INS thanks to efficiency of the lawyer. IGATE LD was prompt. They responded to RFE in 1 day. Awaiting final verdict on my I485 case.

No Title

I got receipt for amended I140 end of Apr. So I had the receipt number to check AVM. If you do not have receipt the only option you have is to talk to LD to see whether your amended I140 receipt was issued by INS/VSC.