IGATE/MASTECH approvals...

No Title

Good job vsc9909. Guys lets maintain this cheat sheet and add the following info against each name ( thanks ) :
Name of person - RFE date for name change - RFE approved date - I-485 approved date

what do you guys think ?

No Title

Lets say if I change job after 180 days and if I get RFE for employer letter and paystub do I send the new employers letter and paystub? But isn\'t the purpose of RFE to verify that you are employed with the same employer? Or do I have to notify INS about my job change and that would take care of my potential RFE? Am i missing something here?

No Title

I would say that you send new employer letter and pay stub. Make sure that the letter states that you are working in the same field as in your LC . Attach a covering letter stating that you changed jobs after 180 days as per new rule. That should take care of it.
As always consult a lawyer and make sure you have legal representation before and after you change jobs.

No Title

Tata,

Congratulations for you 485 approval. Take a vacation man. Its a long time waiting.
Could you please post the details of of your case and other specific things like:

What is the Notice date and approval date for your ammended I-140.
What does the AVM say for your ammended I-140 case now.
What does the AVM say for your I-485 case now.

I am having a ND of 02/08 for ammended I-140 and still no news as yet.

thanks

No Title

Here is the latest updated list. Please send updates as soon as you receive RFE, I-140 Redo approval, AOS approval ::

Sting
IGTE
Sanjay Dharmadhikari
november
485hope
Shahenshah
Sri1
Krishna Venkatarama
bibin kumar
j123
BJSR
tailgate
Jelly Bean
Oct1
balan
corona
sep08
nishi
tp222
Eye Gate
pddec96
intrepid
tinkari tinkari -- Approved after 140 redo
vsc_485waiter
AOS WAIT
vsc9909
vsc_on_hold
Phil Spears
x yz
Gawar Unpadh - RFE 11/00

Thanks

No Title

Guys,

I just talked to Tripti about the situation. Legal Dept is coming with something about this issue and they are going to post this on our Employye Only website early next week.

You can add my name to the list. My id is Naidujvr.

No Title

Add me!

Details RD 8/99, FP 8/00, apprved last week, rfe jan 01. Is there anyone who\'s quit after approval and before card? How does mastech react? Any input highly appreciated.

No Title

Congrats abcisn,
Enjoy your freedom.

Could you please post the following details:
I-485 AD.
What the RFE was for. If it was I-140 redo, then the ND and AD for the I-140 redo.

thanks

No Title

I don\'t trust that bitch at all. Just a thought...I am not sure if I am right but my feeling is that if they try to file I-140 redo/proactive etc.etc. now, without any request from INS. Shall we allow this legal department to file our I-140 if they try to do it. Because I have heard that it will further delay the case. By doing I-140 redo, won\'t it create problem if someone wants to change job after april 16 (180 day rule)

No Title

Here is something of interest that I heard from one of our co-employees.....It MAY/MAY NOT be true

In the recent seminar, It seems INS "embarrassed" Mastech questioning about our guys calling IIOs all the time and it seems INS provided with one EAC # of one such caller....result, One "big head" at our home office called that consultant and "requested" not to call the IIO frequently and also said that not to worry and his approval will come thru quickly????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in few days we can see an update on our website requesting us not to call the IIOs frequently!!

No Title

EB3 PD 12/97 485 Approved 3 April.
Message did not change. I called the IIO and he said it is approved 3 days back.
ND 8/99
RD 9/99
RFE 12/00
I140 Redo approved 2/27/01
Mastech/IGate

No Title

I think IGTE might have a point ( though it was expressed a bit forcefully ). But I do think, that as long as they take unilateral decisions without arranging a conference call between us and the Attorney included in the call, we should all be suspicious of any
hidden ulterior motives. Unless all of us have option to ask all types of questions and given time to evaluate the options by independently verifying with other attorneys anything and everything the Legal and the Attorney proposes to do is suspect ( they brought this distrust on themselves by being too secretive for too long ).

When the company name change occured in early 2000, I was told by one of the attorneys that they could immediately file for I-140 and be prepared with an approval so that there are no delays when the case is taken up for processing. Obviously they knew about it and I think they chose not to. Of course, we know now, when it is already too late.

So what I suggest is that we should consult a couple of attorneys in groups and then post the suggestions / options which will speed up the process ( or atleast wont delay any further ). Then we will have a basis to compare against what our \'brilliant\' legal and Attorneys come up with.

No Title

Please use civilized language in a public forum. Lets be objective. I wouldn\'t envy her job at all.

Fact is we are all trapped by a set of unintended circumstances and INS bureaucracy. My only complaint against LD is they should have realized that I-140 redo is necessary and must have filed those papers way back in March / April 2000. They did not do that. When INS started asking RFEs for some they should have filed for all. They dithered there to save some money. But that could be a corporate decision than a personal one.

I do not think filing for I-140 redo will hurt any one, including those who want to change jobs. 180 days is from your 485 ND, not from anything else.

We should take our fate in our own hands. We have to escalate our problems to all who could possibly help us including top-level INS management, senators, Legal Department etc.

If enough of us change jobs that might also be a rude shock to whomever wanting to exploit our situation. We will have to take courageous action based on calm thought process. That is my opinion.

No Title

some gor rfe and replied and approved!! while others got rfe, submitted and put on hold by INS!!! what is going on???

No Title

You sound like one of that LD guys man. How many of us are naive enough to believe INS officers walking around with our EAC numbers in their pockets to complain to Mastech attorneys. Taht too in a seminar. Grow up.

If you really is a corporate snoop please spend your energy and time in trying to resolve this problem rather than spreading unbelievable rumours.