IGATE/MASTECH approvals...

No Title

Legal won\'t do anything to push these cases. It\'s a joke that it\'s a department. They talked about writing a letter 4-5 weeks back to INS and maintain that they didn\'t receive any reply back from INS, which I doubt. Or may be they forgot to put a 20 dollar bill when sending out that letter. INS don\'t have budget for postage stamp expenses.

No Title

I know that 180 day rule applies to people who have been changed their jobs after april 16th 2001 or at the earliest after oct 17th 2000.
But for Igate guys, I feel that they have already chnaged the companies after march 7th 2000. That is the reason they got their ammended I-140.

My questions are:

1> If they get layed off after april 16th 2001 before the approval of their ammended I-140\'s,are they out of status?
2> In case they are out of status, what are the options they are having.
3> In case they are in status, Can you just sit at home and not work till they get the green card, or do you need to find some other work immedietly to be in status.

Please reply with all your experiences.

thanks

No Title

I have checked it with a prminent Attorney. He says that after 180 days you do not need amended i-140. You can safely switch jobs within same field (no location or salary limitation).

Only question is when does 180 days start, although he feels that it starts after your ND, he said worst case is 180 days after October 17th.

If you are laid off and you do not have a job, then you are in trouble. You need to be working in the same field as in LC to take advantage of this provision.

You are never out of status after 485 filing because you are in AOS status which expires only after INS makes a decision on 485.

The fact that Mastech re-organised in March/ April 2000 do not mean that you changed copany (It only involves successor in interest question for which amended 140 is required). In fact if you changed company based on old law INS will never approve your GC. But in mastech case they were asking for amended 140s and approving cases which is what they do in successor of interest cases.

I hope this clarifies your question.

No Title

It means we are dealing with a f****** agency like INS and a f****** company like Mastech who would do anything to delay these cases instead of trying to help.

No Title

My details are
EB3 INDIA PD 12/1997 RD/ND Sept 1999, FP 08/2000 RFE Feb 2001 Replied 03/01
AM says received RFE..the case may take another 180 days..

No Title

Finally received the approval that I have been waiting for the last 6 years.
PD: May\'96
ND sept\'99
RFE (Oct\'00): Employment letter
140 Redo Approval: March\'01
485 Approval: today(4/4/01)

Thanks to all for sharing the info here and wish you all good luck for your earlier approvals and end of bondage.

No Title

ITS LUCK GUYS!!!! I know two emplify guys who got their RFE and after submitting appointment letter and pay-stubs they got approval in 4 weeks!!!! their PD=8/97 eb3, india. So it is a total luck that some are on hold while some are getting approval!!!!!!!!!!!

No Title

Good luck TATA.

So now the only bunch of guys who are on hold, are the ones like
who have not received an RFE for company name change. Is this true folks ? We are the ones with our back-against-the-wall. VSC is not processing our case and has put them on hold, they won\'t accept proactive I-140 (per one of the messages I read ) even if IGATE files for one, they won\'t take a decision on these until they receive guidelines from central office. What a twist of fate ?

Is there something which we can do ? Does anyone know if a writing to congressman or senator will help ? Does anyone have a friend whose approval came through after it was placed on hold and after contacting a congressman or senator ? Please share any information.

No Title

Writing to Senators/Congressman is the only thing we can do at this point. I am not sure if that will help. But what other option do we have. Just wait for the INS to do the right thing? No way.

I suggest that we all should write to Senators/Congressman. Even if one of them pays heed to what we are saying that will help.

No Title

In fact I would think that we should write to all the immigration sub-committee members in addition to your own senator.

This is getting crazy. There seems to be no rule-of-law at VSC in particular. Some officers will approve, while others won\'t for same type of cases. Is there noone in VSC who takes decisions on how to process these cases and ensure that all officers follow exactly same procedures ? Looks like not, from what\'s going on. Then what is the need for them to wait for new directives when they are anyway going to process them according to their own whims and fancy ?

No Title

Have you guys asked legal to file I-140 redo without INS RFE. The guys who filed I-140 redo are getting approvals. Tinkar Tinkar is the newest addition to this list. Why not request LD to file I-140 redo.

No Title

Hey guys I have been visiting this board on and off
but here is the list of folks, I think, are on hold :

IGTE
Intrepid
tinkari tinkari ( RFE - approved )
Govinda Vinod ( RFE )
aos-wait
VSCRD1199
3yrs and waiting
EYE GATE
vsc9909
vsc_485waiter
tata ( RFE - approved )
OCT2000
PK LAL

Is this complete ? Please lets keep this list of Igate Companies for quick reference.

No Title

Here is the list I compiled.. of it tinkari tinkari is approved after RFE.
Sting
IGTE
Sanjay Dharmadhikari
november
485hope
Shahenshah
Sri1
Krishna Venkatarama
bibin kumar
j123
BJSR
tailgate
Jelly Bean
Oct1
balan
corona
sep08
nishi
tp222
Eye Gate
pddec96
intrepid
tinkari tinkari -- Approved after 140 redo
vsc_485waiter
AOS WAIT
vsc9909
vsc_on_hold

If anyone on the list gets approved, please post

No Title

Here is the list I compiled.. of it tinkari tinkari is approved after RFE.
Sting
IGTE
Sanjay Dharmadhikari
november
485hope
Shahenshah
Sri1
Krishna Venkatarama
bibin kumar
j123
BJSR
tailgate