IGATE. Just got an RFE for god knows what.. Another 6 months man.

sri1

Registered Users (C)
I called IIO and just came to know that they have generated a F*&^%ing RFE and it will be mailed out in the next 30 days. When asked what was that RFE for her reply was that she has no idea. AVM does not have any info.
The thing I cannot understand is that just 2 days back my Ammended I-140 got cleared after 5 months. That ammended I-140 was a result of a first RFE. Then why the F*&^ are they sending another one.
Also do the B*&^%rds take 30 days from RFE generation to RFE mailing.

This is real frustrating at this stage and VSC springs up a surprise just when it seems all over. It is like venkatpathy raju hitting a last ball six of wasim akram to win the match.

No Title

This is the latest trend started by VSC. After wasting 6 months of hold time
when nothing was done they have started this new game of making us hold to get rfe.
My AVM is not updated for RFE maybe because they need to generate it
though they issued a request to generate it on June 26

We cannot even do anything till we receive rfe

No Title

sri1 dont loose hope. Finally you will make it. I dont think it will be 6 more months. Just get the RFE expedited some how. And as soon as the response gets in I think your will be approved in matter of days.

No Title

I am sorry to hear another RFE for you. I am hoping that may be it was generated before your I-140 approval (2 days ago) for AC21 based employment letter. May be they will go ahead and approve your case now without waiting for RFE response since your I-140 amendmend is approved. May god bless you.

No Title

I dont know what to say...(Maybe thats what INS is also saying..)

This is just too much for one person to take!!!

No Title

I am also in the same boat. I came to know about this last week and posted a message. Hopefully it is for simple things like pay stub etc. Hope for the best.

No Title

Bhatti

Seems both our rfe\'s were generated on the same day June 26.
It could be the same officer. Did you receive your rfe?
Is the AVM updated?

No Title

Called up IIO on Fri- came to know RFE generated on Jun 26 (IIO don\'t know the reason!!) and will take 7-10 days for my IGATE attorney to get it. God knows what this is for?
What should I do??

No Title

Cool_bandha
I did not receive any letter and I did check on sunday and the AVM is not updated yet. I will try today. You are right it was generated on 26th. Did you contact LD at ESC?.

No Title

Gurus !!!!
I am posting my message first time in 3 yrs.
My PD - 10/98, RD - 1/00, EB2-INDIA.

Amended I-140 filed om May 15, 2001.
I ma trying to call IIO from last 2 weeks but everytime i got engage tone. I tried for hours and hours with no result.

I use to start calling INS @ 7:45 am every morning to get a line thru but always fail, does any of you gurus sitting out there have any idea how to contact IIO. Is thsi number (802)-527-4913 is correct.
Gurus please help......

No Title

Hi Sri1,
   Looks like INS is generating RFE for almost all of the Company change cases irrespective of whether Aemnded I-140. I am also one the victim of this mess, waiting for something to hear from INS. So far no RFE for me when I last call them on 06/26/01. I do not want to call them for next 30 days to avoid hearing RFE. I am trying to cheat myself. I am not surprised about INS for not having any mercy on our cases. Why is the God also treat us like this?
   It is ridiculous that RFE is sent out to us a month after it was generated. After that it takes another two months to open the reply at the INS end. I am trying to control my emotions. I do not want to write whatever comes to mind.

God saves us please.

Does anybody know what will be the content of the RFE for employment letter?

I am really tired of this whole thing. To get peace of mind, I am planning to check this site once of twice a week and to stop calling INS.

Good luck to you all.

No Title

Cool_Bandha,

My RFE got generated just today. I called up an officer to expediate my AP on friday evening. At that time she told me that an officer wanted to generate an RFE for me. But then that officer chnaged his/her mind and so the RFE was not generated.
She also told me that your AP will be approved provided the officer does not want to approve your I-485. In case your officer decides to approve your I-485, Then AP will be denied.

Guess what. Perhaps that officer changed her mind again.
Because she approved our AP today itself and then went ahead to generate an RFE for me today.
The approval of AP is in the system today itself.
But the generation of RFE will enter the system only after they mail it.

My state of mind at this moment is obsolutely rotten.

My god. Why is this happening to me of all the people.

Already waited too long. Its gonna be 2 years since I applied I-485.

No Title

sri1, Sorry to hear that. Keep cool. In this forum we find most of the RFEs are for trivial matters. U will be free soon.

No Title

sri1, my prayers are with you. As soon as our LD send the response back, you will get your GC approved soon. Good Luck.

No Title

Bhatti and Sri1
I am not from Igate but my company also did a simple company
name change and without changing the tax id. My attorney has yet to
ack my email and phone call about rfe. I am really controlling my
feelings on this issue and feel very let down. I pray to GOD that
I should not be at the mercy of all these individuals and to save me
from their clutches. I feel he will decide when the time is appropriate to get green card.

I am also writing this for the first time. Since the last 3 months I
have been non stop contacting various authorites at all levels for issue of the AC21 regulations even though we also filed proactive 140 redo. Now I feel that INS has transferred me from one bucket to another. Let\'s see what happens next.

I filed my 485 on Aug 17 1999
Hope it will be approved before FP expires

No Title

VSC really lost directions. They don\'t know which law to follow. Under old law, cases like this can be approved with amended 140.
Under new law (AC21), it is no-brainer. They just don\'t know how
to act. (My ND is 11/99, company name change, 140 amended.)

No Title

An RFE was generated for me and was replied to and was received in the VSC on June 20th. But nothing after that. I have been talking to a couple of friends of mine who have received more than one RFE.....new one following a couple of months after the receipt of the first RFE. That really bugged me and found that in these kind of market conditions, it could be a possibility in my case too which could put off the approval by another 6 months.

Hopefully that won\'t happen...keep my fingers crossed.

No Title

ak001,
Did u know how long it took for rfe generation to rfe mailing in your case.

No Title

Hey ak001,
Yesterday i saw a posting where the RFE was received by the INS on
06/22/2001 and was approved on 7/2/2001 (i.e. only 5 business days)
Probably you should be hearing about your approval by this weekend. Wish you all the best

Sri1:
My intent to deny notice was requested on June 4th 2001. They mailed it out on June 20th (i.e. almost 2 weeks later). When i spoke to an IIO, they said that i would receive the notice after one month (due to the mail room backlog), but i got the notice early.