IGATE I-485 Update on the IGATE Website

NAIDUJVR

Registered Users (C)
485 PROCESSING DURING MAY

The number of iGATE Capital operating company employees who received I-485 approval during May was 30, down sharply from April\'s bumper crop of 50. Congratulations to the new permanent residents.

Of the 30 approvals a half-dozen did not receive an RFE, whereas three employees received two RFE\'s. The balance received a single RFE. Four I-485\'s were approved without the necessity for an amended I-140 EB3 petition.

All of the 30 approvals had been filed in 1999. Two were filed in July, eighteen in August, nine in September and one in December. As you may recall, August of 1999 was the month when the Indian EB3 cutoff date first became "current". Consequently, that was Mastech\'s record month for I-485 filings.

While 80 employees\' patience was finally rewarded during April and May, many have been told their I-485 applications have been placed on indefinite "hold" pending the issuance of INS Central Office guidance on the subject of "I-140 portability," which was created by the October AC21 statute. These "holds" are in error. Our employees\' I-485 applications are controlled by the long-standing ""successor -in-interest" doctrine whereby an amended I-140 petition is required. The AC21 statute did not change the "successor-in-interest" doctrine. Therefore, there is no reason for the Vermont Service Center to "hold" iGATE Capital employees\' I-485 applications pending the issuance of an interpretation of the statute. Apparently some, but not all, Vermont Service Center adjudicators are confusing "successor-in-interest" with "I-140 portability".

Finally, the new INS "premium processing fee" applies only to nonimmigrant (temporary) visa petitions and not to I-485 applications.

No Title

Congratulations to all of you who have got your I485
approved in the recent past! Good Luck to rest of us!!

Good that the company has provided us the information with
lot of figures. The numbers look encouraging!

Look at the posting. It says,

i Our employees\' I-485 applications are controlled by the long-standing ""successor -in-interest" doctrine whereby an amended I-140 petition is required. The AC21 statute did not change the "successor-in-interest" doctrine.

If this is case, why did the company not file for our amended I140
immediately after the company was split?? It is not long ago,
when they said
b "Amended I140 is not required since AC21 is passed!"

Does any one follow what they are trying to explain here?