IGATE Case - RFI Generated..

vsc9909

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Came to know from VSC AVM that request for additional information is mailed out to me. I thought they should have completed all preliminary processing for cases put on hold long back. Looks like that is not the case. I will post details of RFI once I get it.Any idea on approximately how long it takes to get RFI once it is mailed.. reply from Igaters with experience will be helpful. Should I contact LD to get details?

I am thinking may be it is for employer letter like the one mentioned in 180 day memo. Lets wait and see.

One good thing to note that VSC is indeed looking at our cases and many of us will hear the approval soon.

No Title

When was RFI generated? And when was AVM updated?? Just want to see how frequently AVM is updated.

Best of luck.

No Title

AVM says "we wrote to you requesting additional information on June 25th.If you do not receive it in 14 days contact IIO". I heared it today morning. So looks like it took them 2 days to update AVM.

Amended I-140 was filed for me on last week of April. But no receipt notice and 140 not in VSC system when I called last (2 weeks ago). So guess they have not even looked at amended I-140.

No Title

vsc9909, thanks for the posting. It should be only related to the employment letter. Don\'t worry. Your approval date is very close now. I know a friend of mine, who got the RFE for employment letter and as soon as INS received the response his case was approved within a week time. So, if LD gets the RFE by Monday or Tuesday of next week, then, you should get your approval on or before July 15th. Good Luck and my prayers are with you.

No Title

Hi vsc9909

What is your RD/ND and FP info. why I am asking is to know, did they processing(reopening) company Name change cases based on ND. I feel it may be simple one like Employment letter.

Pd 10/97 rd/nd 8/99 fp 7/00

No Title

VSC9909 what\'s your pd
Are you EB2/EB3?

Were you ever told that your case was being reviewed before they
put it on hold? The reason I ask is that some cases were reviewed for
5 months and then put on hold ( I am trying to figure out what they were
doing during those 5 months they spent reviewing the case) If they did not
review you case before putting on hold then they must be opening it for
the 1st time now.

Thanks

No Title

my PD is Sep 97 EB3.

I never caled them until I saw a lot of postings here saying Company name Change cases are on hold. At first they told me to wait for 30 to sixty days. 2 week later (around april 1st week) they told me case is on hold for company name change.

They are supposed to review cases in the order of ND, so I guess even if they are putting a case on hold they should complete all preliminary review before that. But with INS who knows?

No Title

I also got the same message yesterday night. The RFE mail sent out on 27th June, which is yesterday. I guess they don\'t spend anytime updating the AVM. My case was also on hold because of the name change. My attorney filed for the I-104 amendment last week. Any idea what kind of RFE people are getting? Do we have keep any documents ready? Your reply to this message will be appreciated. Thanks in advance..

No Title

Hi vsc9909,
  I am really feel sorry to know this. It is really very bad to issue a RFE after dragging our cases so long. Is there a human working in INS? Anyway, I hope that your wait will be over soon once they receive the response.
  I pray the God to give enough strength to withstand this mental agony and anxiety to all of us.

I am also nervously waiting for something to hear from INS.

Good luck to you all.

No Title

I agree with you VSC9909 with INS we never know
They have done a lot of out of turn processing and even given
precedence to cases whose PD\'s are not current while not
looking at cases with the same ND and whose PD\'s are current.

It may be possible for whatever reason that they never reviewed your
case earlier and directly put it on hold. If that\'s not the case they are
doing a second review. Under the Ac21 guidelines I do not think
that its neccessary for the officer to ask for a fresh employment letter
though he can if he so desires.

Every officer seems to be having different sets of standards. Quite a few
of the company name changes were approved in Sep/Oct of last year without
an rfe/140 redo

Thanks for posting your info

No Title

I have a even worse case, got two RFEs, one in April for emp letter and 2nd one ordered on 6/18/01, and I am told by IIO today, the RFE has been typed in and will take another two weeks to get it physically. What a hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PD. 11/97, ND 11/99

No Title

Friends, Just wanted to let you know, when I called the IIO last Thursday, she herself told me that my case has been assigned to an officer for the second time. Which tells me that someone had already looked into my case and I am very positive for most of the cases filed in 99 or early 2000, someone might have looked into that too. Even when I talked to the IIO this morning, I was told that most of the preliminary processing is completed with respect to my case and I hope this is true for all such cases. As you all said, you never know.

No Title

TJ
I do not know what they are asking. So I am not preparing any documents now. I will see what should be done once I receive the RFI.
In my case, I may not even see it if it is for something simple like employment letter. This is because Company attorney will reply directly in such cases. But I will know if they require something from me.

Keep us posted if you receive yours.

By the way I have heard terms like RFI, RFE(request for evidence), Intent to Deny etc on this board? Any one knows if these are all different or same? In my case the AVM said request for additional information that is why I used RFI.

No Title

rfe ---> request for evidence
rfi ---->request for further info
intent to deny----> request to get status info (one has to prove that
one was not of of status)

I may be wrong since I am not a lawyer but posting this info
if it may be of any help since you have contributed a lot
to this forum vsc9909

No Title

Thanks for the info vsc9909. I will definetly post my experience once I got the RFE.

No Title

Thank you cool_bandha. I also thought they sent Intent to deny for cases having status issues. But I am perplexed what differentiates RFI & RFE. Will post here if I get any info. Thanks

No Title

Do you have any idea how long it would take to
type out a RFE after the adjustor ordered it?

In my case, the RFE was ordered on 6/18/01, but,
has not been typed in a notice yet, according to
an IIO today.

Thanks,