Igate:called IIO today at 9:15AM

Dr. Ghasita

Registered Users (C)
I called IIO for update on my case today.
After 25 minutes of hold I got the line
Myself:Good Morning
IIO(she):Good Morning
Myself:mam can you tell me my case status
IIO:Yes
pause...
Its with officer..will take 30-45 days
Myself:2 months back I have been told 60 days..
IIO:...sir,we can only look at case status for you cannot perdict anything as officer have to work on these.Its upto them how much time they take.
Myself:Will you give me 2 minutes to explain you my situation...rather I would like to talk to your supervisor(don\'nt know from where I got the guts)
IIO:wait..I shall call my supervisor
IIO:Sir here is my supervisor..!!
Myself:hope you can tell me some thing different
Supervisor:No I guess
Myself:then there is no point talking to you either
Supervisor:Sir, I know you are no right mood but let me assure you all cases loke yours are going to be cleared in next 2 months max..beleive me.
Myself:Are you sure
Supervisor:How can you be sure in uncertain world..you never know when your car breaks...etc.etc.
Myself:Thank you sir for healthy conversation.You have a nice day.
Supervisor:Goodluck

Gist is :Wait and Wait.....!!!

No Title

Aren\'t you lucky to be able to talk to them at all! I tried two days and the line has been busy all the time. How did you get through?

No Title

Thanks

PD:May98,NDMarch2000,FPMarch2001,Ammended I140:applied 2nd week of May2001,No Receipt ..may be not approved!!!

Keep bugging these Rasc*** IIO\'s

No Title

Dr. Ghasita,

could you please confirm if your case is a name change case ? was it on hold before ?
and your ND is 3/00, hopefully he is right and they will clear all these cases in 2month.

Thanks

No Title

Yes cah..its 3/00 and its compnay name change
I personally think everyone will get GC by 2 months as they must be having pressure from HQ to clear backlog.

Don\'nt the Nighmares we are getting those are at both ends..with IIO\'s too...they must be getting sleepless nights with cases sitting from ND 8/99 may be older too cause of their inaction.

"EVERYONE HAS INNER SOUL AND PINCHES AT SOME POINT IN LIFE"
"ALEKSANDR THE GREAT THE WORLD CONQUROR TOO DIED HELPLESS"

No Title

Just a piece of advice, we dont gain anything from fighting these these bunch of people(iio s). But they can make your life miserable. Once in a while they take random cases and scrutinize each and everything, and they can conviniently choose anybody for that.

So if I were you, if my case is really lagging behind, ask my lawyer to talk to these people( may be you have to pay 1 hr to the lawyer) and lawyers have a diff. channel to talk I guess.

Once again this is just my opinion.
( I myself is in bad shape because of company name change)

No Title

Anger is a different issue and to take care of the situation is a different issue. Every guy is frustrated. Every one have been going through a lot. Take my eg. Just 1 day before my ammended I-140 approved, they sent me another rfe. If my ammended I-140 would have approved 1 day earlier (it took 5 months to approve), they would have probably approved my I-485.

But you have to understand that there is no use really trying to show it to the IIO by calling the supervisor and making a scene. If they get the same anger like you they will send another rfe and then transfer to local office and blah blah blah.

So my freind. Please do not talk to the IIO \'s like that.

Sorry if my 2 cents hurt you.

No Title

Dr. Ghasita, Thanx for posting ur IIO experience. I am in a similar situation as yours. Hope we all get freed up soon.

No Title

I agree with this post completely. I know that it is frustrating sometimes for INS to be delaying things. But to show it on the Immigration officer will not affect the case in a good manner. In fact, if the officer is a person with anti-immigrant sentiments, then he can even hurt it more. All he has to do is to lose some key portion of your documents, and with INS\'s efficiency, they will never know. Their motto is, IF YOU SCREW UP, YOU ARE SCREWED. IF WE SCREW UP, YOU ARE SCREWED.

So, my opinion is, no matter how bad the situation is, plead for help, but never show the anger.

Open for any other opinions on my opinion.

No Title

I believe that there should be some way for us to handle the incompetence of the INS ( maybe it\'s incompetence, maybe they are just as frustrated as we are .. ). Getting into an argument with them is not conducive to a favorable outcome. While talking with them, be firm but not hurtful, be business like, not emotional and you are likely to get a decent enough response. I am yet to have any IIO talk with me in a rotten manner. It\'s frustrating for us, we all know ( who knows better than I .. it\'s taken me 5 years .. been with my employer for 7 .. my life has become a joke, but hey, that\'s just the way it is ) ..

No Title

I spoke to IIO this morning. This is what the lady IIO who answered told me. My case is not on hold. My case was assigned to an officer on Jun 19,01. My amended I140 is linked to my 485 and is also with the same officer. If I do not hear anything in the next 45 days I should call back. My details:

IGATE PD 4/97 485 RD 8/99 ND 9/99 FP 8/00. Amended I140 ND 4/18/1. No RFE. Have spoken to IIO twice so far.

No Title

If you have not read the Pulitzer Award winning series, read it now. http://www.oregonlive.com/ins/

Only the congress can move it, and sometimes, even congress can do nothing!

Many INS officers and IIOs are poorly trained suckers. You just have to be patient with them. Let your attorney deal with them. Or do like the guys who founded ISN did: Lobby.