If your N400 is "placed in line for interview scheduling", does it mean there are no issues?

Congratulations Hassan! andlooks like your local office is moving with good speed. Two things I would infer from this:

1. Your background check supposedly took long in GC stage but that doesn't mean you again got stuck at citizenship stage. So applicant who were affected by name check delays at GC stage are not necesssarily more prone to delays at N-400 stage.

2. If the status online changes to "testing and interview scheduling" aka "in line for interview scheduling", you (any applicant for that matter) is close to getting an interview and the requisite background checks have been cleared.

Opinions? Thoughts? Agree?

2. If the status online changes to "testing and interview scheduling" aka "in line for interview scheduling", you (any applicant for that matter) is close to getting an interview and the requisite background checks have been cleared.

"In line for interview scheduling" doesn't mean the interview is close. Mine changed to that status less than 2 weeks after fingerprinting, but remained like that for about 3 months before it changed to "scheduled for interview".

Congratulations Hassan! andlooks like your local office is moving with good speed. Two things I would infer from this:

1. Your background check supposedly took long in GC stage but that doesn't mean you again got stuck at citizenship stage. So applicant who were affected by name check delays at GC stage are not necesssarily more prone to delays at N-400 stage.

Opinions? Thoughts? Agree?

jefkorn,
My hats to you! Agree completely with you! As if we're filing together!!! :)

Actually my GC took over 8 years even though it was through marriage and not H1B. FBI name check was the issue throughout the entire 8 years. I've had very bad experience with USCIS. I was already filing my WOM early 2011 and a week after that my GC came in the mail. So, I have another 17 days before I complete 3 years anniversary. My GC was issued on Dec 17, 2010.

I wish everyone luck here. Everyone has been very helpful... Thanks again

yes sir! had to file WOM back in the day, GC was supposedly delayed because of name check, employment based and after filing WOM, got AOS approved within 30-60 days. So yes rightly concerned about anything to do with USCIS but keep your faith.

Good luck to you and of course everyone else in the same boat.

PS: I wanted to post precisely the same question that you did so thanks for that. I hope this will become place for definitive answer to the status change and whether it means back grounds all clear.

Received Yellow letter (asking to bring the state issued photo ID or DL and court records (I answered yes for traffic tickets).

Not sure how long it will take to get the interview letter and the actual interview date.

This would imply that security checks have been cleared and interview date is near..will wait and see.

Good luck!

I indicated also I've had few minor traffic violations like speeding. I don't have records for all of them but I can print the online records from my state/county.

I've not received any interview letters yet.

Let's know how it goes for you!

Yellow letter is NOT interview letter(IL) but something that typically precedes IL. My online status is still "in line".

Query about in line for interview scheduling

I had my fingerprinting done on 22nd Nov, 2013. On 26th Nov, my online status changed to "On Nov 26th, your application has been placed in line for interview scheduling"
I just checked my online status again and now it says "On Dec 2nd, your application has been placed in line for interview scheduling"
The update contains a changed date but the remaining status is the same. Does anyone have any idea what this implies?
Thanks

This happens a lot actually. It does not indicate anything but that they're actively working on it which is good. You're lucky to have your status changes that quickly from FP to in-line for interview scheduling. Look at our timeline and you will see the difference

This happens a lot actually. It does not indicate anything but that they're actively working on it which is good. You're lucky to have your status changes that quickly from FP to in-line for interview scheduling. Look at our timeline and you will see the difference

I got my FPs done Nov 26, and just checked my status online a few minutes ago - shows on Nov 29 my application was placed in line for interview scheduling. I hadnt expected this just 3 days later, so I had to come back to this forum again to get an idea what that could possibly indicate. Everyone seems to have different timelines, evidently based on different things, so I cant even start to speculate when the status will change to "Scheduled". Either way, I thought I'd share my own timeline.

Nov 1: Submitted N-400
Nov 26: FP Done
Nov 29: Placed in line for interview scheduling

I got my FPs done Nov 26, and just checked my status online a few minutes ago - shows on Nov 29 my application was placed in line for interview scheduling. I hadnt expected this just 3 days later, so I had to come back to this forum again to get an idea what that could possibly indicate. Everyone seems to have different timelines, evidently based on different things, so I cant even start to speculate when the status will change to "Scheduled". Either way, I thought I'd share my own timeline.

Nov 1: Submitted N-400
Nov 26: FP Done
Nov 29: Placed in line for interview scheduling

It all now depends on how fast your Field Office schedules interviews... what's your Field office ?

I just received my interview letter today. See timeline below.

Required documents (it may help others, although it is on an individual application basis):

• Interview Letter
  • Green Card
  • Any evidence of Selective Service Registration
  • Passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the United States
  • Items listed below... See other list

Other items required:
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse
  • Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship

Does anyone know why they're asking for evidence of termination of all previous marriages? My application is through my wife.

On the back of the IL, the check lists explains the "Document Check List":
It asks for "An original IRS Form 1722 listing tax information for the past three years (call IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040) or copies of the income tax form you files for the past three years"

It also asks for "Certified copies of birth certificates of all your children born in the United States

Hassan - what is your field office?

Also, from what I understand the IRS Form 1722 doesn't exist anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong). A tax transcript/tax returns can be used instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know why they're asking for evidence of termination of all previous marriages? My application is through my wife.

That's exactly why. If you or your wife have a previous marriage that wasn't officially terminated, that invalidates your current marriage, which in turn invalidates your naturalization application based on marriage, and also your GC if it was based on marriage. Make sure to bring evidence of termination of both your own and your wife's prior marriages (if any).

Based on your experience or knowledge you may have about the process, how much time does the SAN ANTONIO district office takes to schedule an interview after FP is done?
Thanks,

Hassan - what is your field office?

Also, from what I understand the IRS Form 1722 doesn't exist anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong). A tax transcript/tax returns can be used instead.

BritishGuy,
I live in Northern VA, so our office is the DC field office.

As far as IRS form 1722, that's true. It no longer exists so I have basically requested the return transcript via the IRS web site. You can find it here: https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do

That's exactly why. If you or your wife have a previous marriage that wasn't officially terminated, that invalidates your current marriage, which in turn invalidates your naturalization application based on marriage, and also your GC if it was based on marriage. Make sure to bring evidence of termination of both your own and your wife's prior marriages (if any).

Jackolantern,
We all got married once to each other :). I filed the application myself so I guess I screwed up something in there... or maybe since it is through marriage they ask these for everyone.

Interview scheduling timelines?

Does anyone know what is the average time taken by the Salt Lake City, UT field office to schedule an interview from the time of the "in line for interview scheduling" update?

Received text for the online update to "scheduled for interview". Haven't received the Interview Letter yet. Probably within this week.