If your home country was as rich, would you still want to immigrate? please vote!

visak and other members are right. In India the problem of adminstrative set up, reservations, populations, (of course political set up) are some of the major issues, otherwise how come most of Indians while in USA they are doing exceptionaly well. I would say in India various people talk of brain drain but never look at the reality how to use the intelligant people for their own development. I have migrated beacuse of clerical set up in Indian education sytem where adminstrator signs the paper and clerk decides what he wants.

Honey

I got an oppurtunity in 1988 for an H1, but the salary offered at that time was mere 34K per annum. I did not pick that offer. Almost 10 years later I came for an offer of 70K. I think money is what matters first.

Once you come here, things change. Buy used car, then look for a better job, buy a house, buy a fancy car etc... You get used to a easy life style. Once that get into your blood, it is very difficult to get out of USA.

I know a couple who works for McDonalds after being laid off. The same people won't do the same thing back home. Another issue here, $ is powerful, they can make a reasonable living from the income they get.

I think this thread is kinda giving us option for preparing worst. That's good.
Prepare for the Worst and
Hope for the Best

We all here are hoping for the best and
this thread is preparing us for the worst.
Good goiing....

achal

What happened to this thread????

I would like to enjoy positive sides of both the countries. and that is possible only after getting gren card.

Guys start debating/adding your views......

Since tempers seem to be subsiding on the verbal duel that is going on, let us continue with this very interesting topic.

Come on guys, post your views.

Regards,

One of my friend got his GC long back and now citizen.
He is spending 2-3 months in India every year.(sometimes break of 1 months)
I am really kinda jealous and love that life style.

If I am given that kind of opportunity, I would go for that.
He says: Earn here, Spend there.
When back home he is arranging parties, arrange tours (with his money of course) , and get all kind of fun, get-together.
and comes back and start earning again as we do.

:)

He used to work like us Consultant/Employee in IT after doing his MS here. Later he started his own business.
Now he takes project thru his own company, also invested money in some store business. Doing good.

Anyway not only this guy, some consultants working here, get 30-45 days paid vacation and they go to their home. I think initially that is even good.

To add to what Bakra said, I've a realtive who came to the US in the late 1960's. He is a citizen and now is semi retired. He spends 4 months every year (in the winter) 'holidaying' in India.

He's a physician.

Life is good, huh?