If you travel on AP, do you need to appear for Special Registeration for that Year

takeanumber

Registered Users (C)
Speacial Registeration Folks: If you travel on Advance Parole, say to CANADA, do you need to appear for Special Registeration for that Year. Any personal experiences. Thanks,

takeanumber

Yes, I guess, I travelled to Canada back in May 03 for my citizenship and they did register me. I use my AP to come back I am also looking to Travel back home in December, any experience?

NOPE

Hi Takeanumber,

Back in May I travelled to South Korea on company related business. Upon my return to the US, I entered the US on AP, and was informed that I did NOT need to go through special registration.

(Earlier in April I traveled to Canada; same result, I was informed that I did not need to go through special registration).

BTW, I am closely following your I-485 case, and hope that your case gets adjudicated soon. You have suffered tremendously and I feel for you.

My I-485 details:

RD : 5/16/01
ND : 7/31/01
FP : 2/03/03

Regards.

I had no problems going to Canada for a visit and coming back. My understanding is that if you are on parole then you do not need the special registration. Before approving my 3rd EAD BCIS RFE me for this, my lawyer responded with the evidence that I am on parole.

Hope this would help. Check with your lawyer.

RD May 01
ND Jul 01
FP Jan 03

ttfail and nhusain, so you guys after travelling on AP did not go for special registeration. Mine is comming up in Jan. I had to waist the whole day last time for that. I was planning a trip to Canada anyway, so I thought I should do it now. You guys did not encounter any problems at U.S. immigration.?
thanks ttfuail. I have involved the Senator and now I have to reconstruct my whole file. My attorney is working on it. I'll keep you guys posted. JuanKarloz had the same issue.
Thanks for your kind thoughts.

You are correct.

You are correct, takeanumber; I did not encounter any problems either time; the immigration officer simply paroled me in and specifically told me that I did not need to go to special registration. (of course, there is naturally a hassle associated with having to sit in the immigration office, etc. etc.)

(I am also waiting for my third EAD, ND: 7/31/03; it looks like the delay is due to a possible RFE, although no RFE has been received by the company attorney yet. This is FYI).

Hope this helps; and hopefully your I-485 gets adjudicated soon; you are in my prayers.

Regards.

5/01
7/01
2/03

Probably a dumb question

This is probably a dumb question, but here it goes anyway... What "Special Registration" is?.... Were can I found information about this?

Just a piece of information: A couple of weeks ago I went to Mexico and I re-enter USA using my AP. That was the first time I used AP and I did not do anything special, I just went to the border officess and got a new I-94. There were no questions.

I appreciate any information

No question is dumb

Hi Rolando,

Special Registration is a registration program that is applicable to citizens of certain countries only; you can obtain more information regarding this from the USCIS website. (uscis.gov)

If you are not a citizen of one of the countries mentioned in the list, then special registration requirements do not apply to you.

Regards.