If salary reduces between LC to CP/AOS stages...

Hi all,

If a person was getting some salary, say $80K when the LC was filed. Now, suppose because the copmany\'s economic condition deteriorates at some stage, there\'s a copmany-wide salary cut and the person now gets $70K. When he/she goes for the interview, the employment verification letter and pay-slips will show that the salary is not what was written on LC.

What happens in this case? Will it adversely affect the GC? Thanks in advance.

P.S.= What happens if a person gets a raise in between and the salary is more than in LC?(although I know, it\'s not likely to happen in the current state of economy!!)

higher salary does not matter

the LC specifies the minimum salary that the company must pay the individual... a higher salary does not matter. however, i think a lower salary might draw some attention... just my two cents worth... talk to your attorney.

No Title

I just remember a reply post to this type of similar question few months back and I am trying to reproduce that reply with my own 2 cents:
     Consider this three variables:
        Your current salary as A
        Your promised salary in LC as B
        Your offer of employment salary as C(in CP , your employer has to give notarized employment letter stating that he is ready to give this much salary and C is that figure and I don\'t know about AOS)

Ideal situation:
      A >= B >=C.
   In this case, since your employer is already giving you more than LC salary it is an indication that your employer has the capacity to pay.
   In any case, C >= B , otherwise you might be in trouble because your labor has been approved for that salary and my 2 cents contact your attorney.
   Now consider one more case, C>=B but A

Rajum - I have a question?

Thanks for ur info. I have a similar problem. My current salary is about $3500 less than the salary range specified on the LC. So from what I understand from your response, is it sufficient that the employer just notarizes that I would be paid the difference upon getting the GC OR is it necessary for the employer to pay me the diff amt before I go for CP.

Thanks in advance

No Title

Indian2001,
    It should not be a problem....only thing is that your employer should give the employment offer letter for the LC amount. Technically, your currently salary should not matter at all....because LC is approved for future job....
If your employer refuses to give offer letter for the LC salary then it might be a problem.....

thanks,
raju

Similar position to you on this Employment-Salary issue.

Hi,
I\'m in the similar position to you.
My salary on LC is slightly higher that my current salary?
What should I do?

thanks in advance.

Hi nrc:

I am in the same position as you are. My current salary is lower than what is specified on the LC. Have U spoken to your lawyers. My lawyers say that the LC is approved for a future job ie. the employment offer letter must state that on joining the company after GC, I would be paid the amount mentioned on the LC.

Experienced Cpers please comment on the same.

Thanks

salary reduction - impact?

I have filed I140, now my employer asks me to take a day off every week (of course - 20% pay reduction). The HR people told me that they have to refile my H1B, does anybody know if this is true? If it is true, do I need to restart the I140 process again? Please help.

thanks,